Robert Urquhart (actor)
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Robert Urquhart in trailer for "Murder At The Gallop" (1963)
16 October 1922|
|Died||March 21, 1995
|Spouse(s)||Zena Walker (divorced) (2 children)|
Having initially entered the Merchant Navy, he won an ex-Serviceman's scholarship to train at RADA. Urquhart made his stage debut in 1947, while his first film role was in You're Only Young Twice (1952).
He appeared in many television shows of the detective/special-agent genre, such as Department S, Callan, The Professionals, Man in a Suitcase, The Avengers, and opposite Patrick McGoohan in the episodes of Danger Man entitled "English Lady Takes Lodgers" and "It's Up To The Lady" (1965) and as the title character in "The Man with the Foot" (1966). He also played the lead role in Jango, a short lived 1961 production by Associated Rediffusion. Urquhart also starred as Wing Commander MacPhearson in the 1970s series Pathfinders.
- You're Only Young Twice (1952) - Sheltie
- Paul Temple Returns (1952) - Slater
- Tread Softly (1952) - Clifford Brett
- The House of the Arrow (1953) - Jim Frobisher
- Knights of the Round Table (1953) - Gawaine
- Golden Ivory (1954) - Jim Dobson
- Happy Ever After (1954) - Dr. Michael Flynn
- Isn't Life Wonderful! (1954) - Frank
- The Dark Avenger (1955) - Sir Philip
- You Can't Escape (1956) - Peter Darwin
- Yangtse Incident: The Story of H.M.S. Amethyst (1957) - Flt Lt Fearnley RAF
- The Curse of Frankenstein (1957) - Paul Krempe
- Dunkirk (1958) - Mike
- Trouble with Eve (1960) - Bryan Maitland
- Danger Tomorrow (1960) - Bob Murray
- Foxhole in Cairo (1960) - Major Wilson
- The Bulldog Breed (1960) - Cmdr. Clayton
- 55 Days at Peking (1963) - Capt. Hanley
- Murder at the Gallop (1963) - George Crossfield
- The Syndicate (1968) - George Brant
- Mosquito Squadron (1969) - Major Kemble (uncredited)
- The Looking Glass War (1969) - Johnson
- Country Dance (1970) - Auctioneer
- Gator (1976) - 3rd Agent
- An Enemy of the People (1980) - Tom Stockman
- A Tale of Two Cities (1980) - Attorney General
- The Dogs of War (1980) - Capt. Lockhart
- The Dollar Bottom (1981) - Headmaster
- P'tang, Yang, Kipperbang (1982) - Headmaster
- Bleak House (1985) - Laurence Boythorn
- Restless Natives (1985) - Baird
- Playing Away (1987) - Godfrey
- The Kitchen Toto (1987) - D.C. McKinnon
- Testimony (1987) - The Journalist
- Dennis Barker. "Obituary: Zena Walker". the Guardian.
- "Robert Urquhart". BFI.
- Hayward, Anthony (24 March 1995). "Obituary: Robert Urquhart". The Independent. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- "Robert Urquhart biography". The New York Times (AllMovie and Baseline). The New York Times. Retrieved 10 January 2015.
- "Death of veteran Scottish actor". The Herald. 22 March 1995. Retrieved 10 January 2014.
- Noble, Peter, ed. (1982). 1982-1983 Screen International Film And TV Year Book. London: King Publications. p. 660.
- Sandra Brennan. "Robert Urquhart - Biography, Movie Highlights and Photos - AllMovie". AllMovie.
- "MSP revealed as former Playboy Bunny". Telegraph.co.uk. 6 November 2012.
|This article about a British film actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|