Robert W. Schroeder III
|Robert William Schroeder III|
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas|
December 19, 2014
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Preceded by||David Folsom|
|Born||Robert William Schroeder III
June 1, 1966
|Education||University of Arkansas at Little Rock B.A.
Washington College of Law J.D.
Robert William "Trey" Schroeder III (born June 1, 1966) is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas.
Schroeder was born on June 1, 1966, in Texarkana, Texas. He received a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1989 from the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. He received a Juris Doctor in 1994 from the American University Washington College of Law. From 1995 to 1996, he served as Assistant Counsel to the President of the United States and in 1997 he served as Associate Counsel to the President. He served as a law clerk to Judge Richard S. Arnold of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit from 1997 to 1999. From 1999 to 2014, he worked at the law firm of Patton, Tidwell, Schroeder & Culbertson, LLP and its predecessor firm, becoming partner in 2003. He handled complex civil litigation in Federal and State courts.
Federal judicial service
On June 26, 2014, President Obama nominated Schroeder to serve as a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas, to the seat vacated by Judge David Folsom, who retired on March 17, 2012. He received a hearing before the United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary for September 9, 2014. On November 20, 2014 his nomination was reported out of committee by voice vote. On Saturday, December 13, 2014 Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid filed a motion to invoke cloture on the nomination. On December 16, 2014, Reid withdrew his cloture motion on Schroeder's nomination, and the Senate proceeded to vote to confirm Schroeder in a voice vote. He received his federal judicial commission on December 19, 2014.
- "Mr. Robert William Schroeder, III Lawyer Profile on Martindale.com". www.martindale.com.
- "President Obama Nominates Four to Serve on the United States District Courts". 26 June 2014.
- "Profile at Patton, Tidwell, Schroeder & Culbertson, LLP".
- "Schroeder, Robert William III - Federal Judicial Center". www.fjc.gov.
- "Presidential Nominations Sent to the Senate". 26 June 2014.
- "United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary". www.judiciary.senate.gov.
- "Results of Executive Business Meeting - November 20, 2014 United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary" (PDF).
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas