Robert William "Bob" Dann (28 September 1914 – 10 April 2008) was the 9th Anglican Archbishop of Melbourne.
Dann studied for ordination at Trinity College at the University of Melbourne and was ordained in 1946. His first post was as Director of Youth and Religious Education in the Anglican Diocese of Melbourne. After successive incumbencies he was appointed the Archdeacon of Essendon and, in 1969, he became a bishop coadjutor of the diocese before becoming the archbishop eight years later. He retired in 1983. He came out of retirement for some months in 1987 to take charge of the parish of St John's, Camberwell, after the sudden death on the vicar, until a new appointment could be made.
He died on 10 April 2008, aged 93.
- All the Company of Heaven: A Guide to the Church of St Michael and All Angels, Beaumaris Archived November 18, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.. Retrieved 1 March 2014
- “Who’s Who, 2007” London, AC Black, 2006 ISBN 978-0-7136-7527-6
- Early Career Archived July 21, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- "A New Archbishop of Melbourne", The Times, 10 November 1977, p. 18.
- Muriel Porter, obituary: "Shepherd reshaped Anglican Church", The Age, 12 April 2008
- Some sources give the date of death as 11 April, but a death notice inserted by his family in The Age of 14 April 2008 states 10 April.
Sir Frank Woods
|Archbishop of Melbourne
|This article about an individual Australian Anglican bishop or archbishop is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|