Robert, otherwise known as Robert the Doll, Robert the haunted doll, or Robert the Enchanted Doll, is a doll that was once owned by Key West painter and author Robert Eugene Otto. The doll, which is supposedly cursed, has become a fixture of ghost tours in the Key West area. Aesthetically, Robert resembles an early 20th-century American sailor. Contrary to popular belief, the doll's hair is not made of human hair, but rather, it consists of a synthetic material resembling wool yarn.
The doll is located at the East Martello Museum in Key West, Florida and annually rotated to the Old Post Office and Customhouse in October. The doll has been shown at Taps CON, a paranormal convention held in Clearwater, Florida in May 2008.
- Schensul, Jill (2014-01-12). "Schensul: If you go to Key West, Fla., beware of Robert the Doll". NorthJersey.com.
- Ella Morton (2013-11-18). "Robert the Haunted Doll: Creeping Out Floridians Since 1904". Slate.com.
- David L. Sloan, Ghost of Key West, Phantom Press, 2003
- http://tapscon.com Taps CON Site
- http://www.robertthedoll.org/ - Official Robert The Doll website, hosted by the Key West Art and Historical Society