|Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Robert, otherwise known as Robert the Doll, Robert the haunted doll, or Robert the Enchanted Doll, is a doll that was once owned by Key West painter and author Robert Eugene Otto. The doll is alleged to be cursed. The doll is currently located at the East Martello Museum.
Supposedly, Otto was given the doll in 1906 by a Bahamian servant who practiced black magic and voodoo. Otto's parents often heard him talking to the doll. At first they assumed that Otto was simply answering himself in a changed voice but later claimed to believe the doll was actually speaking. Neighbors claimed to have seen the doll moving from window to window when the family was out. Otto died in 1974.
The doll is currently located at the East Martello Museum in Key West, Florida.
- Robert The Doll
- Robert The Haunted Doll HauntedAmericaTours.com
- Robert the Haunted Doll - Shows - Coast to Coast AM
- The Official Website Of Joshua P Warren Paranormal Investigator Broadcaster and Author
- David L. Sloan, Ghost of Key West, Phantom Press, 2003
- Schensul, Jill (2014-01-12). "Schensul: If you go to Key West, Fla., beware of Robert the Doll". NorthJersey.com.
- Ella Morton (2013-11-18). "Robert the Haunted Doll: Creeping Out Floridians Since 1904". Slate.com.
- Robert The (Devil) Doll: A Case of Tourism Motivated Fabrication and Superstitious Irrationality ~ The Thoughtful Gamers
- Moran, M, Austin, J, & Sceurman, M. (2006). Weird hauntings: true tales of ghostly places. New York City, NY: Sterling Publishing Company. p. 212.
- http://www.playwithdeath.com/robert-the-doll-the-haunted-doll-of-key-west/ Robert the Doll – The Haunted Doll of Key West
- http://tapscon.com Taps CON Site
- http://www.robertthedoll.org/ - Official Robert The Doll website, hosted by the Key West Art and Historical Society