Robert von Pöhlmann
From 1870 to 1874 he studied classical philology and history at the universities of Munich, Göttingen and Leipzig. While a student his influences included Georg Waitz at Gottingen and Wilhelm Roscher at Leipzig University. In 1884 he became an associate professor at the University of Erlangen, where in 1886 he attained a full professorship. From 1901 onward, he was a professor of ancient history at the University of Munich.
- Die Uebervölkerung der antiken Großstädte, 1884 – The overpopulation of ancient cities.
- Grundriss der griechischen Geschichte, 1909 – Outline of Greek history.
- Geschichte des antiken Kommunismus und Sozialismus, 2 volumes, 1893-1901 – History of ancient communism and socialism.
- Geschichte der sozialen Frage und des Sozialismus in der antiken Welt, 2 volumes, 1912 – History of social issues and of socialism in the ancient world.
He was responsible for editions 22–24 of Roscher's Grundlagen der Nationalökonomie.
- Plett - Schmidseder / edited by Walther Killy Dictionary of German Biography
- Pöhlmann, Robert von (bayerischer Personaladel 1909) at Neue Deutsche Biographie
|This article about a German historian is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|