|Alma mater||Quinnipiac University|
Early life and education
Hoskie was born and raised in New Haven. When she was 8 years old her parents divorced. She and her three siblings stayed with her mother. Her family had financial problems. When she was 17, she got pregnant, living on a monthly welfare.
After obtaining her associate degree in office administration at Gateway Community and Technical College. She worked at Yale University after obtaining an internship in the Department of Pediatrics. In 2002, she left Yale University and accepted a position in Bronx, NY as a departmental administrator at Albert Einstein College of Medicine. She later studied business management at Quinnipiac University.
Hoskie took an internship at Yale University when she was 20 and several months later bought a home through Yale’s home buying program. She bought a four-family home and rented out some space in it. Four years later, the house’s price quadrupled and she sold the house. She bought a new house in 2004 and opened Outreach Property Management.
In 2006, she founded Outreach Foundation a non-profit organization to help in providing affordable housing for low and moderate income families. Through Outreach Foundation, she coordinates the H.O.P.E. Community Festival & Housing Summit.
In August 2011, Hoskie established Outreach Realty Servicing a full service real estate brokerage and also established Outreach Realty School, a real estate school. In 2015, she launched Ms. Millionaire Mindset Academy and Training Seminars.
Hoskie sits on the Community Action Agency of New Haven board, Easter Seals Goodwill Industries board, and previously held the position of Chairwomen of Economic Development for the New Haven branch of the NAACP board the New Haven branch of the NAACP board. She is a co-host of WYBC’s, 94.3FM talk show, titled Electric Drum Round Table. In 2015, she launched a reality TV show called ‘CT Money Makers’. The program revolves around the process of real estate investment.
Hoskie is married to Christopher Watts and lives with her three children in New Haven.
Awards and honors
- 2015 - New Haven Register's Person of the Year
- 2012 - Business New Haven’s Business New Haven’s Minority Business of the Year
- 2009 - Awarded Business New Haven’s Rising Star Award
- The Stan Simpson Show – Creating Wealth Via Real Estate Investing
- Real Estate Queenpin, Roberta Hoskie on Maintaining a Wealthy Mindstate
- New Haven mother uses real estate to become millionaire
- Ethnic Online commends Roberta and Bobby for paving a legacy that will last for generations to come!
- Single, teen mom turned realty broker spawns lucrative business
- The New College Try
- Roberta Hoskie is Register’s 2015 ‘Person of the Year’
- Sisters’ Lives Matter, Too
- New Haven real estate pro owes success to her son
- What’s Hot Today On WNHH Radio
- New Haven real estate pro to launch reality TV show, call for open casting