Bellarosa in 2013
|Born||23 August 1994|
|Labels||Sony Music Entertainment|
Roberto Bellarosa (born 23 August 1994) is a Belgian singer. Bellarosa came to fame for being the first winner of The Voice Belgique. He also represented Belgium in the Eurovision Song Contest 2013. He finished in 12th place with 71 points.
He was born in 1994 into a family of footballers of Italian origin at Vico del Gargano, in the southern region of Apulia. At the age of nine Bellarosa was enrolled by his parents at a school of music in Huy. During choral classes, his teacher was impressed by his voice, and his parents encouraged the young Bellarosa to take extra singing lessons.
2011–12: The Voice Belgique
After applying online, Bellarosa attended the blind auditions, where he sang "You Give Me Something" by James Morrison. With Quentin Mosimann, Lio, Joshua and Beverly Jo Scott, all turning their chairs to face him, Bellarosa ultimately decided to join Quentin Mosimann's team with assistant coach Tara McDonald.
On 10 April 2012, after 16 weeks of competition, Bellarosa was voted the winner gaining 57% of the votes from the public, receiving a contract with Sony Music, which he recorded an album along with two singles.
List of songs performed on The Voice Belgique
|Blind auditions||3 January 2012||"You Give Me Something"||James Morrison|
|Battle||31 January 2012||"Même Si"||Grégory Lemarchal & Lucie Silvas||Duel won against Daniela Sindaco|
|Live||28 February 2012||"Apologize"||OneRepublic|
|Live||13 March 2012||"Wicked Game"||Chris Isaak|
|Live||27 March 2012||"Le blues du businessman"||Claude Dubois|
|Live||3 April 2012||"Just the Two of Us"||Bill Withers||Duo with Leonie W'asukulu|
|Live||10 April 2012||"Firework"||Katy Perry||With Renato Bennardo, Giusy Piccarreta, and Daisy Hermans|
|"You Give Me Something"||James Morrison|
|"Vivre pour le meilleur"||Johnny Hallyday|
|"Jealous Guy"||John Lennon||Winner|
2012–13: Ma voie and Eurovision Song Contest
In 2012, Bellarosa participated in The Voice Belgique live tour along with 11 of the other contestants throughout Belgium. On 6 July 2012, Bellarosa released his first single "Je Crois", working with his The Voice Belgique coach, Quentin Mosimann and assistant coach Tara McDonald. His first album Ma voie was released on 21 September 2012, and his second single "Apprends-moi" was released on 26 October 2012.
On 16 November 2012, it was announced by Radio Télévision Belge Francophone (RTBF), that Bellarosa would represent Belgium at the Eurovision Song Contest 2013, to be held in Malmö, Sweden, with the song Love Kills. He made it into the final and finished at the 12th place.
|Title||Album details||Peak chart positions|
|Suis ta route||
|Year||Song||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2012||"Jealous Guy"||—||4||—||—||Ma Voie|
|"—" denotes single that did not chart or was not released.|
Other charted songs
|Year||Song||Peak chart positions||Album|
|2012||"Apologize"||3||The Voice Belgique Live Show 1|
- "Apprends-Moi" did not enter the Ultratop 40, but peaked at number 19 on the wallione Ultratip chart.
-  Archived 8 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine
- "Résumé LIVE The Voice => The Voice Belgique : Blind auditions 3 => De bons talents, Lio plutôt gourmande... par L'INFOnet de la Real Tv". Linfonetrealtv.free.fr. 13 November 2012. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- "Roberto Bellarosa remporte la finale de "The Voice Belgique" – Belga Generique – Le Vif". LeVif.be. 13 November 2012. Archived from the original on 2 January 2014. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- Storvik-Green, Simon (16 November 2012). "Roberto Bellarosa to Malmö for Belgium". European Broadcasting Union.
- Gripper, Ann (19 May 2013). "Who are Eurovision Song Contest 2013 winners? Full results table". Mirror.co.uk. Retrieved 19 May 2013.
- "Roberto Bellarosa > Belgium (Wallonia) Charts". ultratop.be/fr/ Hung Medien.
- "Roberto Bellarosa > Belgium (Flanders) Charts". ultratop.be/nl/ Hung Medien.
- "Roberto Bellarosa > German Charts". charts.de/ Hung Medien.
- "Roberto Bellarosa > Dutch Charts". dutchcharts.nl/ Hung Medien.
- Roberto Bellarosa on The Voice Belgique
with "Would You?"
| Belgium in the Eurovision Song Contest