Roberto Andrés Bruce Pruzzo|
30 July 1979
2 September 2011 (aged 32)|
Juan Fernández Archipelago, Chile
|Resting place||Parque del Recuerdo|
|Education||Attended Diego Portales University|
|Occupation||Journalist of Buenos Días a Todos|
|Children||Martina Bruce Sanhueza and Rafaela Bruce Sanhueza|
Roberto Andrés Bruce Pruzzo (Spanish pronunciation: [roˈβeɾto anˈdɾes ˈβɾuse ˈpɾuso]; 30 July 1979 in Talagante – 2 September 2011 in Juan Fernández Archipelago) was a Chilean television journalist, mainly known for his work on Televisión Nacional de Chile's breakfast programme Buenos Días a Todos. Bruce also worked as host of Dónde La Viste in the same TV channel.
Roberto Bruce attended primary and secondary studies at Colegio Carampangue, in Talagante. In 1998 he began his journalism studies in the Diego Portales University, which he completed in 2002. Bruce was married to Andrea Sanhueza, with whom he had two daughters: Martina Bruce Sanhueza, and Rafaela Bruce Sanhueza.
His first job in television was on Buenos Días a Todos (Good Morning Everyone), breakfast programme of Televisión Nacional de Chile; he joined the TV channel as student in practice. There, he served as journalist working in the field, doing reports on current, and entertainment events.
In 2011, he was the host of his first television programme, Dónde La Viste (Where Did You See). The programme, co-hosted by actors Natalia Valdebenito, Sebastián Layseca, and Natalie Nicloux, was of "humouristic and entertaining" style. In June of the same year, he was the host of the backstage section of La Dieta del Lagarto (The Alligator Diet), where he weighed the participants of that program who attempted to become thin by dancing.
On 2 September 2011, the plane in which Bruce was travelling to the Juan Fernández Archipelago with twenty other persons, including a team from Buenos Días a Todos with such figures as Felipe Camiroaga crashed. His body was found at the sea on 3 September, and he was cremated the following day at the Parque del Recuerdo cemetery in Huechuraba. The commune of Melipilla decreed two days of communal mourning in his honour.
- In TV programmes
|2002–2011||Buenos Días a Todos||Reporter / Journalist||TVN|
|2010||Teletón 2010||Backstage journalist||TVN|
|2011||Dónde La Viste||Host||TVN|
|La Dieta del Lagarto||Backstage journalist||TVN|
- "Ministro Allamand confirma que no hay sobrevivientes en accidente aéreo". Alerta News. Archived from the original on 2 April 2012. Retrieved 3 September 2011.
- "Roberto Bruce 1979 - 2011". 24 Horas. 4 September 2011. Archived from the original on 27 March 2012. Retrieved 5 September 2011.
- "Roberto Bruce, el reportero que alcanzó a cumplir su sueño". El Mercurio. 4 September 2011. Archived from the original on 3 March 2013. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Tras misa fúnebre del periodista Roberto Bruce sus restos serán incinerados". Radio Bio-Bío. 4 September 2011. Archived from the original on 3 March 2013. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- "Melipilla decreta dos días de duelo comunal por muerte de Roberto Bruce". Terra. 4 September 2011. Archived from the original on 22 March 2012. Retrieved 2 March 2013.