|Born||May 21, 1960|
|Residence||Rio de Janeiro|
|Education||Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio)|
|Alma mater||Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio)|
|Fields||Computer Science Programming Languages|
|Institutions||Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro (PUC-Rio)|
|Thesis||O=M : uma linguagem orientada a objetos para desenvolvimento rigoroso de programas (in Portuguese) (1990)|
|Doctoral advisor||Carlos José Pereira de Lucena|
Roberto Ierusalimschy (Brazilian Portuguese: [ʁoˈbɛʁtu jeɾuzaˈlĩski]; born May 21, 1960) is a Brazilian computer scientist, known for creating the Lua programming language. He holds a Ph.D in Computer Science from the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro where he has an appointment as an associate professor of informatics. He did a post-doc at University of Waterloo in 1992 and was visiting professor at Stanford University in 2012. He is the leading architect and the author of Programming in Lua.. He is also responsible for creating LPeg, a Lua library for implementing parsing expression grammars.
- "Our Team | Center for Latin American Studies".
- Four editions: first ISBN 85-903798-1-7; second ISBN 85-903798-2-5; third ISBN 85-903798-5-X; and fourth ISBN 978-8590379867.
- Ierusalimschy, R. (2009). "A Text Pattern-Matching Tool based on Parsing Expression Grammars". Software: Practice and Experience. 39 (3): 221–258. CiteSeerX 10.1.1.139.6969. doi:10.1002/spe.892.
- Roberto Ierusalimschy's home page
- Errata - Programming in Lua, Third Edition
- Programming in Lua, Second Edition
- Programming in Lua page
- Computerworld Interview with Roberto Ierusalimschy on Lua
- LPeg - Parsing Expression Grammars For Lua
- A Text Pattern-Matching Tool based on Parsing Expression Grammars
- Lattes Academic curriculum (in Portuguese)
- List of publications from Microsoft Academic
- Roberto Ierusalimschy publications indexed by Google Scholar
- Roberto Ierusalimschy author profile page at the ACM Digital Library
- Roberto Ierusalimschy at DBLP Bibliography Server
- Roberto Ierusalimschy's publications indexed by the Scopus bibliographic database. (subscription required)
|This biographical article about a Brazilian academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|