Roberto Iniesta, at the Palacio de los Deportes de la Comunidad de Madrid, 2008
|Birth name||Roberto Iniesta Ojea|
|Also known as||Robe|
|Born||May 16, 1962|
|Genres||Hard rock, progressive rock, symphonic rock|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, novelist|
|Labels||Avispa, Pasión-Área Creativa, DRO/Warner Music|
|Associated acts||Extremoduro, Extrechinato y Tú, Dosis Letal|
Roberto Iniesta Ojea (Spanish pronunciation: [roˈβeɾto iˈnjesta oˈxe.a]; May 16, 1962), also known as Robe; is a Spanish songwriter, singer and guitarist. He is the frontman of the rock band Extremoduro.
Roberto Iniesta Ojea was born on 16 May 1962 in Plasencia. After having left school with a third class Baccalaureate, he worked with his father. At the age of twenty he began writing songs and he formed his first band, Dosis Letal.
In 1987, he formed Extremoduro, the band that brought him fame. They didn't have enough money for recording a studio album so they sold tickets that would be exchanged for the album. When they sold 250 tickets they had earned enough money to afford the recording. In January 1989 they started the recording of their first demo tape. The distribution of the demo tape began to attract attention inside and outside their home region of Plasencia; it was so well received that the Catalan television program Plastic invited them for a live performance.
In 1996 he shot to fame in a massive way in Spain due to the release of Agila. That same year he received the news of the death of his father. The entrance to the band of guitarist and producer Iñaki "Uoho" Antón, at that time belonging to rock and roll band Platero y Tú, was a turning point in the history of the band. They toured along with Platero y Tú that year.
He also joined Fito Cabrales (from Platero y Tú), Iñaki Antón to form the supergroup Extrechinato y Tú. After five years of recording sessions, playing music inspired by lyrics written by urban poet Manolo Chinato, finally the album Poesía Básica was released in 2001.
In 2006 he created the record label Muxik along with Iñaki Antón.
As a solo artist
- Rock Transgresivo (1989)[n. 1]
- Somos unos Animales (1991)
- Deltoya (1992)
- ¿Dónde Están Mis Amigos? (1993)
- Pedrá (1995)
- Agila (1996)
- Iros Todos a Tomar por Culo (1997) (Live album)
- Canciones Prohibidas (1998)
- Yo, Minoría Absoluta (2002)
- Grandes éxitos y fracasos (Episodio primero) (2004) (Compilation album)[n. 2]
- Grandes éxitos y fracasos (Episodio segundo) (2004) (Compilation album)[n. 2]
- La Ley Innata (2008)
- Material Defectuoso (2011)
- Para Todos los Públicos (2013)
Extrechinato y Tú
- Poesía básica (2001)
- El víaje íntimo de la locura (2009)
- After recording their demo tape Rock Transgresivo on January 1989, they released their first studio album Tú en Tu Casa, Nosotros en la Hoguera. The result left them unsatisfied so the original demo tape was remixed and partially re-recorded and it was released on August 1994 in order to replace the older studio album.
- Remastered and partially re-recorded.
- Staff (30 September 2009). "La pluma de Extremoduro". El País (in Spanish). Ediciones El Pais. Retrieved 10 July 2010.
- "Robe Iniesta cumple 50 años". rollingstone.es (in Spanish). 13 May 2012. Retrieved 30 November 2013.
- EFE (2009-09-30). "La pluma de Extremoduro". El País (in Spanish). Retrieved 1 October 2009.
- "Robe Iniesta líder en ventas con su novela: "El Viaje íntimo de la locura"". laguiago.com (in Spanish). Retrieved 14 November 2013.