9 December 1964 |
|Known for||Unicredit Group GM|
Roberto Nicastro, an Italian businessman and banker, he has been the Chairman of the "Good Banks" and was the Group General Manager of Unicredit; in the past he worked with McKinsey & Co and Salomon Brothers. He is also involved in postgraduate education advisories and charitable activities.
In 1989 he joined the M&A department of Salomon Brothers in London.
In 1991 he became a strategic consultant in Milan with McKinsey & Co, where he had been involved in consumer goods, financial services and banking regulation projects in Italy and in Brazil.
Roberto Nicastro joined UniCredit in May 1997, as Head of Strategy, Planning and Control of then Credito Italiano. In the early years at Unicredit he developed the footprint of the Unicredit Group in Central and Eastern Europe through the acquisition and following restructuring/integration of Bank Pekao (Poland), Zagrebačka banka (Croatia-Bosnia), Bulbank (Bulgaria), Koçbank (50%, Turkey), Živnostenská banka (Czech republic), Demir Bank (Romania), Polnobanka (Slovakia). By 2003 Unicredit had become one of the top three banking groups in the CEE region.
In 2003 he became Head of Italian Retail and CEO of UniCredit Banca, where beyond turning around the profitability of the business, he had been introducing companywide leadership trainings and individualized coaching  as well as systematic customer satisfaction measurement and incentive systems.
In July 2007 he was appointed Deputy CEO of the UniCredit group and became head of Unicredit retail operations in Italy, Germany, Austria and Poland. Following the appointment of Federico Ghizzoni as Unicredit's Group CEO, he was appointed as the General Manager of Unicredit.
In this capacity he is in charge of Austria, CEE, Poland, Asset Gathering (FinecoBank) and he is groupwide responsible for Marketing and Multichannel Development, Internal Control System and Institutional and Regulatory Affairs.
He is First Deputy Chairman of the Italian Banking Association (ABI), and member of the Executive Committee of Assonime. From 2009 to 2012 Roberto Nicastro served as Chairman of EFMA, the European Financial Management Association in Paris  and has often been quoted on Commercial and European banking matters.
On 22 November 2015, he became the chairman of the four rescued banks of Italy: Nuova Banca dell'Etruria e del Lazio, Nuova Banca delle Marche, Nuova Cassa di Risparmio di Chieti and Nuova Cassa di Risparmio di Ferrara, with the goal to bring them back in "bonis" and divest them in the shortest possible timeframe, according to the EU requirements. This was the first European Bank Resolution process that concluded successfully, without any state aid and in line with the EU requests. The Banks were sold to strong long term investors: UBI group and BPER.
Since November 2015 he chairs the Cassa del Trentino, an "A-" rated (Moody's, Fitch) finance subsidiary of the Trento Province.
He serves in the advisory board of SDA Bocconi School of Management, Milan, and in the International Advisory Board of Bologna Business School and of The Johns Hopkins University SAIS Bologna Center. He serves as well in the board of Fondazione Archè, a charity in Milano  and in the Comitato Amici di Claudio Dematté in Trento.
Roberto Nicastro is married with Silvia and has two children, Camilla and Lorenzo.
- "dicono di noi - Roberto Nicastro, l'ex Mc Kinsey partito da Trento". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "Unicredito scommette sulla Nuova Europa". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "International banking, finance, capital markets news & analysis – Euromoney magazine". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- ""Om" In The Corner Office - Businessweek". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "Remember them? That's resonance - Telegraph". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- Resonant Leadership: Renewing Yourself and Connecting with Others Through Mindfulness, Hope, and Compassion: Richard E. Boyatzis, Annie McKee: 9781591395638: Amazon.com: Books. ASIN 1591395631.
- "Vincera solo chi avra correntisti soddisfatti". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "Getting branch staff to go the extra mile.(UniCredito) – HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "Resolving StrategyFinance - Consulenza Direzionale Financial Services". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "Unicredito si affida ai tre Profumo boys". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "Unicredit sceglie Nicastro direttore unico". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "UniCredit: the Board of Directors approves the launch of a project for a new organizational set-up - UniCredit". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "ressources/PDF/Efma%20Presidentship%20Home" (PDF). Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "Europeans Import U.S. Mortgage Models - WSJ.com". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "UniCredit GM looks to build a bank for the future - The Banker". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "EU business rivals divided by rates - FT.com". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- ""Der Euro ist gerettet"... – Handelsblatt – 08.07.2013". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "EFMA - Roberto Nicastro". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- "Mixed reaction to ECB's liquid hunch - FT<". Retrieved 16 Jan 2015.
- SAIS Bologna Center. "Johns Hopkins SAIS Bologna Center – Home – About SAIS in Bologna – Advisory Council". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
- beecreative.it. "Fondazione Arché". Retrieved 11 Jan 2014.
This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- "editoria - Roberto Nicastro". tsm.tn.it. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Nicastro, il manager interno più amato dai grandi soci Unicredit - [ Il Foglio.it › Ritratti ]". ilfoglio.it. Retrieved 17 January 2014.
- "Quel club di economisti trentini - Corriere della Sera". corriere.it. Retrieved 17 January 2014.