|Date of birth||3 August 1981|
|Place of birth||Trescore Balneario, Italy|
|Height||1.70 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|2001–2002||→ Lumezzane (loan)||20||(0)|
|2002–2003||→ Alzano (loan)||27||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 31 January 2013.
Born in Trescore Balneario, the Province of Bergamo, Previtali started his professional career with Atalanta. He made his Serie A debut on 22 April 2001 against Perugia. He started that match and the Bergamo side 2-2 draw with Perugia away. Previtali graduated from the Primavera under-20 team in June and left for Serie C1 side Lumezzane on loan in July, along with Mauro Minelli, which also located in Lombardy region. His loan with Lumezzane was extended but in August 2002 left for his former club Alzano Virescit, which also a Serie C1 and Lombardy club.
In the first 2 seasons with AlbinoLeffe, he was not the regular starter. He made a break through in 2006-07 season, made 26 league appearances (which started 22 of them). But in 2007-08 season, he just made 7 league appearances (plus 1 in playoffs, total 8), which that season was the best season of AlbinoLeffe in recent years, finished the 4th and as the losing side of promotion playoffs.
In 2008–09 and 2009–10 season, he re–gained his regular place, started 52 league matches in possible 82 matches, and also made 7 substitute appearances. he missed a few games in 2011–12 Serie B due to injury. After the club relegated and was fined heavily due to involvement in 2011 Italian football scandal, he left for fellow third division club Cremonese. On 30 January 2013 he terminated the contract in order to re-join AlbinoLeffe.
- "L' Alzano prende Previtali e Farina va alla Fermana". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). 25 August 2002. Retrieved 13 August 2010.
- Di Chiara, Filippo (10 July 2004). "Colpo Catania: Miceli". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). Retrieved 13 August 2010.
- "2006–07 Profile". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). ca. June 2007. Retrieved 13 August 2010. Check date values in:
- "2007–08 Profile". La Gazzetta dello Sport (in Italian). ca. June 2008. Retrieved 13 August 2010. Check date values in:
- "Previtali al lavoro dopo l'operazione" (in Italian). UC AlbinoLeffe. 29 December 2011. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Roberto Previtali vestirà grigiorosso. Ribeiro e Martinez in prova" (in Italian). US Cremonese. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 17 April 2014.
- "Roberto Previtali torna in bluceleste" (in Italian). UC AlbinoLeffe. 30 January 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Momentè e Pinardi in grigiorosso" (in Italian). UC AlbinoLeffe. 31 January 2013. Retrieved 17 April 2014.