This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Roberto Tapia is an American singer of Mexican ancestry. Tapia was born in 1984 in San Diego, California and raised in Culiacán, Sinaloa, Mexico. Tapia adopted the Regional Mexican genre and in August 2012, his album El Muchacho hit #1 on Billboard's Top Latin Albums chart. Tapia was one of three coaches on the first two seasons of La Voz Kids (The Voice Kids), a Spanish-language version of The Voice featuring American Spanish-speaking children on the Telemundo Network. He inclusively became a business man in the year of 2013, promoting restaurants, and still continuing with his singer life.
- 1 Early life
- 2 Career
- 3 Discography
- 3.1 2002- Roberto Tapia (Self-Titled) [Sony International]
- 3.2 2008- Los Amigos del M (Machete Music)
- 3.3 2009- El Nino De la Tuna (Fonovisa)
- 3.4 2010- La Batalla (Fonovisa)
- 3.5 2011-El Corrido del niño (La Disco Music /Twins Enterprise)
- 3.6 2011- Live (Fonovisa)
- 3.7 2012- El Muchacho (Fonovisa)
- 4 References
Hailing from Sinaloa, Tapia’s parents migrated to the US before his birth. Tapia was born in San Diego. His family then decided to relocate to Mexico. Tapia spent much of his youth in Culiacán in Sinaloa, where, at age 9, he entered the Difocur School of music in Culiacan, now known as the Instituto Sinaloense de Cultura (ISIC). Tapia specialized in clarinet, but also learned guitar and percussion instruments. During this time, Tapia gained public playing experience by performing with acts such as the Symphony of Sinaloa.
At 13, the Tapia family again migrated to the US. Initially reluctant, Tapia was convinced by family and friends to perform at local venues such as dance halls and receptions. Before signing with a professional label, Tapia went door to door at record shops attempting to sell his recordings. At 17, Tapia's professional debut performance came in Tijuana, Mexico alongside fellow Sinaloense artist, El Lobito de Sinaloa. Tapia signed with Sony International and began his first album, blending his regional Norteña music with hints of electronica and hip hop.
In 2011, Tapia appeared at the Plaza Mexico in Lynwood, CA to celebrate Mexico’s Independence.
In honor of his hometown, Roberto performed at El Palanque Culiacán to celebrate the Feria Ganadera de Culiacán (Culiacán Cattle Fair), an annual traditional festival celebrating the Mexican Revolution, where everyone shares music, culture and food.
2002- Roberto Tapia (Self-Titled) [Sony International]
Released: March 18, 2002
- Entrega de Amor (2:29) Love’s Delivery
- Loco, Loco (3:10) Crazy, Crazy
- Celos (2:51) Jealousy
- Por Una Mentira (3:14) For a Lie
- Inolvidable (3:13) Unforgettable
- Te Amo, Te Amo (3:35) I Love You, I Love You
- Que el Mundo Ruede (2:49) May The World Revolve
- Incompleto (3:48) Incomplete
- Cuando un Amor (2:47) When a Love
- Que Locura (3:47) What Crazyness
- Te Traigo Ganas (2:44) I’ve Been Wanting You
- Amores Como el Nuestro (2:51) Love Like Ours
2008- Los Amigos del M (Machete Music)
Released: January 29, 2008
- Pensé Que Te Había Olvidado (2:59) Thought I Had Forgotten You
- Los Amigos del M (3:39) The Friends of M
- Las Edades (2:51) Ages
- Mi Gran Tesoro (3:17) My Grand Treasure
- El Corrido de Chalo Araujo (3:43) The Ballad of Chalo Araujo
- Le Semana Completita (3:04) The Week Completely
- Corrido del Frankie (2:28) Frankies’ Ballad
- Por Verte Felíz (3:25) To SeeYou Happy
- El Hijo del Mayo (2:36) The Son of Mayo
- Pa' Que Quieres Que Vuelva (2:28) Why Do You Want Me To Return
- El Corrido del Ranchero (3:20) The Ballad of the Rancher
- El Amanecido (3:05) The Waker
- El Corrido del Bitache (2:58) The Ballad of Bitache
2009- El Nino De la Tuna (Fonovisa)
Released: May 26, 2009 The ballad "El Nino de la Tuna" described Chapo Guzman’s life story and was his first hit single.
- Mi Gran Amor (2:58) My Great Love
- El Niño de la Tuna (3:39)
- Como Me Engañaste (3:46) How Did You Deceive Me
- Pancho Loco (3:25) Crazy Pancho
- Desilusión (2:46) Delusion
- El Maserati (2:30) The Maserati
- Caminos Differentes (2:56) Different Paths
- Gente de Guzmán (3:30) Guzman’s People
- La Tambora (2:29) The Drum
- Iván el Chapito (3:32) Ivan the Shortie
- Cuando Me Dices Mi Amor (2:40) When You Tell Me Love
- El Animal (2:39) The Animal
- Skit (1:20)
- El Gallo de Sinaloa (3:02) The Rooster from Sinaloa
2010- La Batalla (Fonovisa)
Released: September 7, 2010
- Brazo Armado (3:02) Armed Arm
- No Fue Fácil (3:27) It Wasn’t Easy
- El Cachorro del Animal (3:45) The Animal’s Offspring
- No Pensaba Enamorarme (3:19) I Didn’t Think Of Falling In Love
- La Batalla (3:33) The Battle
- Me Duele (3:22) It Hurts
- Bandera del Chapo (3:49) Chapo’s Flag
- Qué Te Faltó (3:12) What Else Did You Need
- El Jefe de la Familia (3:04) The Boss of the Family
- Tal Vez (3:06) Perhaps
- Las Calaveras del Chino (2:25) The Chinamans Skeletons
- Tú También Fallaste (3:05) You Too Failed
- Comandos del Yupo (3:42) Yupo’s Commandments
- La Charla (3:36) The Charla
2011-El Corrido del niño (La Disco Music /Twins Enterprise)
Released: October 11, 2011. While this album included narcocorridos, the related death of his cousin reduced his use of such lyrics.
- Amor Limosnero (2:17) Love Beggers
- El Corrido del niño (2:22) The Ballad of the Boy
- Estúpido Por Ti (3:09) Stupid For You
- Flor Hermosa (2:36) Beautiful Flower
- Me Dan Miedo Las Noches (2:28) The Nights Scare Me
- Me Importa Poco La Muerte (2:05) I careless about Death
- Me Las Vas A Dar (2:31) You Will Give Them To Me
- Pechos Calientes (2:44) Hot Breasts
- Sin Hablar (2:31) Without Speaking
- Te Quiero Como La Boca (2:42) I Love You Like the Mouth
- Una Noche No (2:23) One Night, No
- Ya Sabías Que Era Casado (2:38) You Already Knew I Was Married
2011- Live (Fonovisa)
Recorded during his sold out concert at the Los Angeles Nokia Theatre. This album was awarded the Regional Mexican Album and Top Latin Albums in 2011.
- Me Duele (3:56) "It Hurts"
- Por Verte Feliz (3:15) "To See You Happy"
- Amigos Del M (3:34) "M's Friends"
- Ivan El Chapito (3:29) "Ivan The Shorty"
- Edades (6:07) "Ages"
- Como me Engañaste (4:29) "How did You Deceive Me"
- Pancho Loco (3:49) "Crazy Pancho"
- Mazerati (2:35) "The Maserati"
- Niño De La Tuna (3:43) "Child of the Prickly Pear"
- Animal (2:32) "Animal"
- Hijo Del Mayo (2:50)
- Caminos Differentes (5:12) "Different Paths"
- Comandos Del Yupo (3:45) "Yupo’s Commandments"
2012- El Muchacho (Fonovisa)
Released Date: July 24, 2012 El Muchacho reached first place in the “Hot Latin Albums” and “Regional Mexican Sales” Billboard charts. El Muchacho earned titles including Top Latin Albums, Regional Mexican Albums, The Billboard 200 and Top Latin Albums. Los Premios de la Radio (The Radio Awards) nominated Roberto Tapia as Artist of the year, male artist of the year and the best song with banda ‘Mirando al Cielo’ in 2012.
- El Muchacho (4:25) The Guy
- Crei (3:14) I Thought
- La Carta Fuerte (3:19) The Strong Letter
- Le Pregunte Al Corazon (3:24) I Asked the Heart
- El Mini Lic (3:04) The Mini Lic
- Mirando Al Cielo (3:59) Looking at the Sky
- La posada (3:41) The Shelter
- Amor Perdido (3:29) Lost Love
- El Michoacano (2:55) The Michoacano
- Que Raro Se Siente Todo (3:01) How Weird It All Feels
- Ahora Que Te Conoci (3:02) Now That I’ve Met You
- Ya Me Siento Como Nuevo (3:22) I Already Feel Like New
- El Muchacho(4:26) The Guy
- El Minic Lic (3:04) The Mic Lic
- MacNeil, Jason. "Roberto Tapia - Artist Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "Telemundo Shows." La Voz Kids El Nuevo Show De Talento De Niños Por Telemundo . | Telemundo. Telemundo, 2013. Web. 2013.
- "Roberto Tapia."  Billboard. N.p., 2013. Web. 2013.
- "Roberto Tapia." Univision Musica. N.p., 2013. Web. 2013.
- Buena, Musica.com. "Roberto Tapia - Música, Videos, Canciones, Letras, Biografía Y Discografía." Roberto Tapia. N.p., Feb. 2013.
- "El Niño De La Tuna by Roberto Tapia on AllMusic" AllMusic. Rovi Corp. AllMusic.com, Apr. 2013. Web. 2013.
- "Telemundo Shows"""EL Señor De Los Cielos