Robin Brown (politician)
|Member of the Minnesota House of Representatives
from the 27A district
January 3, 2007 – January 3, 2011
|Preceded by||Dan Dorman|
|Succeeded by||Rich Murray|
|Born||April 22, 1961|
|Political party||Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party|
|Spouse(s)||Joseph Eugene Brown, Senior|
|Residence||Moscow Township, Minnesota|
|Alma mater||Minnesota State University, Mankato
St. Mary's University
Robin K. Brown (born April 22, 1961) is a Minnesota politician and a former member of the Minnesota House of Representatives (2007-2011) A member of the Minnesota Democratic-Farmer-Labor Party (DFL), she represented District 27A, which includes all or portions of Freeborn and Mower counties in the southeastern part of the state.
Early life, education, and career
Brown was raised on a farm and was the oldest of eight children. She graduated from Montezuma High School in Montezuma, Iowa, attended Lycoming College in Williamsport, PA and then went on to Minnesota State University, Mankato in Mankato, receiving her B.A. in Art Education. In 2006, she earned her M.A. in Education from St. Mary's University in Winona. Brown is an art and photography teacher at Albert Lea High School in Albert Lea. She is also a Horse Breeder. She is Owner and Operator of Wedgewood Peruvian Pasos.
Minnesota House of Representatives
|DFL||Robin Brown (Incumbent)||7454||49.77|
|DFL||Robin Brown (Incumbent)||10960||57.65|
She was a member of the House Commerce and Labor Subcommittee for the Telecommunications Regulation and Infrastructure Division, and of the Finance subcommittees for the Agriculture, Rural Economies and Veterans Affairs Finance Division, the Cultural and Outdoor Resources Finance Division, and the K-12 Education Finance Division.
Brown resides in Moscow Township, Minnesota. Her husband, Joseph "Joe" Brown is a former Iowa State Senator who represented the old 27th and 35th districts in that state from 1979-1987. Brown has 6 children (3 from a previous marriage): Nathaniel, Crystal, Earnest, Jeb, Bristen, and Madison. In her spare time, Brown enjoys horseback riding and painting.
- "Minnesota Legislators Past & Present-Legislator Record-Brown,Robin". The Minnesota Legislative Reference Library. Retrieved November 17, 2014.
- "Minnesota Legislators Past & Present - Legislator Record - Brown, Robin". Leg.state.mn.us. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Project Vote Smart - Representative Robin Brown - Biography". Votesmart.org. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- Knapp, John A. "Winthrop & Weinstine, P.A". Inside the Minnesota Capitol. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- Shaw, Charley. "District 27A: Brown concedes to Republican challenger". Politics in Minnesota. Retrieved 2015-04-25.
- "Results for State Representative District 27A". Minnesota Secretary of State. Retrieved November 13, 2014. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Minnesota_Secretary_of_State:_Election_Results" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page). Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "Minnesota_Secretary_of_State:_Election_Results" defined multiple times with different content (see the help page).
- "Robin Brown (DFL) 27A - Minnesota House of Representatives". House.leg.state.mn.us. Retrieved 2010-07-20.
- "Iowa Legislature Domain Reroute". Beta.legis.state.ia.us. Retrieved 2010-07-20.