Robin Curtis in 2015
June 15, 1956 |
New York Mills, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Actress, real estate broker|
|Years active||Acting: 1981–1999|
|Spouse(s)||Kent Williams (divorced)|
Robin Curtis (born June 15, 1956) is an American real estate broker and actress. She is most notable for replacing Kirstie Alley in the role of Vulcan Lieutenant Saavik in the films Star Trek III: The Search for Spock and Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
Life and career
Film and television work
Although her first appearance as Vulcan Lieutenant Saavik in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock was promoted as being her film debut, in fact Curtis had already made several film and made-for-television movie appearances. Her performance in the film drew mixed reception from Trek fans, and was followed by a brief appearance as Saavik in Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home.
She co-starred in the 1983 episode "Short Notice" during the first season of the Knight Rider television series. In 1991, she portrayed Carol Pulaski on the soap opera General Hospital. In 1993, Curtis portrayed an unrelated Vulcan character disguised as a Romulan (Tallera/T'Paal) in the two-part episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation "Gambit," for which she was screen-tested instead of being given any special consideration. In the Babylon 5 episode "Deathwalker" (1994), she appeared as Abbai Ambassador Kalika.
Curtis's other film work includes Hexed, Ghost Story, Shootdown, In Love with an Older Woman, A White Thread, A Black Thread, and LBJ - The Early Years in which she played the role of Jacqueline Kennedy.
Stage and commercial work
Curtis has numerous stage credits in regional and national theatre, including Gyspy, Applause, Oliver!, ...And Other Songs in New York. She performed in The City Suite Off Broadway and in Garden in Los Angeles. Other work includes The Nerd, The Man of La Mancha, and George Bernard Shaw's The Apple Tree.
While she hit the convention circuit hard in the mid-1990s, as of early March of 2014 she was only making semi-frequent appearances at Star Trek conventions throughout the world.
In 2004, Curtis found success as a residential real estate agent in Manlius, New York, in addition to her acting career. In the middle of the following year, 2005, she debuted her one-woman show, a work-in-progress, Not My Bra, You Don't! - The Sexual Odyssey of a Forty-Nine Year Old Woman."
Curtis was briefly married to the actor Kent Williams.
- Ghost Story (1981) as Rea Dedham
- Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984) as Lieutenant Saavik
- Scorpio One (1989) as Shannon Brey
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (1986) as Lieutenant Saavik
- The Unborn 2 (1991) as Linda Holt
- Hexed (1993) as Rebecca
- Babyfever (1994) as Carol
- Bloodfist VI: Ground Zero (1995) as Major Marin
- Dark Breed (1996) as Marian
- Santa with Muscles (1996) as Leslie
- Recoil (1998) as Julie Sloan
- The Sex Monster (1999) as Woman on Street
- Knight Rider (Season 1): Short Notice (1983) as Nicole Turner
- MacGyver (Season 1): The Gauntlet (1985) as Kate Connelly
- LBJ: The Early Years (1987) as Jacqueline Kennedy
- General Hospital (1991) as Carol Pulaski
- Star Trek: The Next Generation (US TV Series) (1993) in "Gambit, Parts One And Two," as Tallera/T'Paal
- Babylon 5 (US TV Series) (1994) as Ambassador Kalika
- Space: Above and Beyond (US TV series) (1995) as Andrea Wilkins
- "Review - Star Trek III: The Search For Spock". TrekMovie.com. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- Joel B. Kirk View profile More options (2004-04-01). "Retrospective: Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984) - rec.arts.sf.reviews | Google Groups". Groups.google.com. Retrieved 2013-06-20.
- Fist Full of Comics & Games - Star Trek Movies Archived March 4, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.