Robin L. Rosenberg
|Robin Lee Rosenberg|
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida|
Assumed office |
July 24, 2014
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Preceded by||Adalberto Jordan|
Robin Lee Rosenberg|
January 22, 1962
West Palm Beach, Florida
Princeton University (B.A.)|
Duke University (M.A.)
Duke University School of Law (J.D.)
Robin Lee Rosenberg (born January 22, 1962) is a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida and former Florida Circuit Court Judge.
Rosenberg received a Bachelor of Arts degree in 1983 from Princeton University. She received a Master of Arts degree and Juris Doctor in 1989 from Duke University and Duke University School of Law. She began her legal career as a law clerk to Judge James C. Paine of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida from 1989 to 1990. She served as a Trial Attorney in the Civil Rights Division of the United States Department of Justice from 1990 to 1994. While on leave from that position, she worked at a non profit organization in the Czech Republic from 1993 to 1994. She was an associate at the law firm of Foley & Lardner from 1994 to 1995. She served as an Assistant City Attorney for the City of West Palm Beach, Florida, from 1995 to 1997. She was a partner at Holland & Knight LLP, from 1997 to 1999. She served as Vice President and General Counsel at the Slim Fast Foods Company from 1999 to 2001. She was a partner at the law firm of Rosenberg & McAuliffe, PL, from 2001 to 2006, and concurrently managed ARC Mediation, a full service dispute resolution firm, from 2002 to 2006. From 2007-2014, she was a Circuit Court Judge in the Fifteenth Judicial Circuit.
Federal judicial service
On February 26, 2014, President Obama nominated Rosenberg to serve as a United States District Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, to the seat vacated by Judge Adalberto Jordan, who left the court on February 24, 2012, due to being elevated to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. She received a hearing before the United States Senate Judiciary Committee on May 20, 2014. On June 19, 2014 her nomination was reported out of committee by voice vote. On July 16, 2014, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid filed a motion to invoke cloture on Rosenberg's nomination. The Senate voted for cloture on July 22, 2014 in a 58-42 vote. Later that same day the Senate voted 100-0 to confirm Rosenberg. She received her judicial commission on July 24, 2014.
- MyLife.com profile
- "President Obama Nominates Judge Robin L. Rosenberg to Serve on the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida". 26 February 2014.
- "Rosenberg, Robin Lee - Federal Judicial Center". www.fjc.gov.
- "Presidential Nomination Sent to the Senate". 26 February 2014.
- "May 20, 2014: Judicial Nominations". United States Senate.
- "Executive Business Meeting" (PDF). United States Senate. Committee on the Judiciary. Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- "U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 113th Congress - 2nd Session". Work: Vote Summary: Vote Number 235. United States Senate. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- "U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 113th Congress - 2nd Session". Vote Summary: Vote Number 238. United States Senate. Retrieved 22 July 2014.
- Robin L. Rosenberg at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.
- Robin L. Rosenberg at Ballotpedia
| Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida