Robin Leamy (swimmer)
|Full name||Robin John Leamy|
|National team||United States|
April 1, 1961 |
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight||174 lb (79 kg)|
|College team||University of California, Los Angeles|
Robin Leamy (born April 1, 1961) is an American former competition swimmer of Samoan descent who participated in the 1984 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles, California. He earned a gold medal by swimming for the winning U.S. team in the preliminary heats of the 4×100-meter freestyle relay.
Leamy received an athletic scholarship to attend the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA), where he swam for coach Ron Ballatore's UCLA Bruins swimming and diving team in NCAA competition in 1981 and 1982. He was the NCAA individual national championship in the 100-yard freestyle in 1981, and the 50-yard freestyle in 1982.
- List of Olympic medalists in swimming (men)
- List of University of California, Los Angeles people
- List of World Aquatics Championships medalists in swimming (men)
- World record progression 50 metres freestyle
- World record progression 4 × 100 metres freestyle relay
- "Olympics". sports-reference. Retrieved 6 May 2012.
|This biographical article related to a United States swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|