September 13, 1986 |
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||176 lb (80 kg; 12 st 8 lb)|
|HockeyAllsvenskan team||Malmö Redhawks|
|Played for||Brynäs IF (SEL)
Sunne IK (Swe-3)
Borås HC (Swe-2)
Färjestads BK (SEL)
In August 2010, as a result of testing positive for use of doping, Rahm was suspended from all professional ice hockey in the 2010–11 season as well as 2011–12. He returned in the 2012–13 season, signing a two-year deal with then-reigning Elitserien (SEL) champions Brynäs IF.
Rahm played for his youth team Sunne IK in Sweden's Division 1. After having been dressed as a backup goaltender sporadically since the 2002–03 season, he took over as the starting goaltender for the 2005–06 season. Playing in 22 games, he posted a .917 save percentage and was ranked as the second best goaltender in save percentage in Division 1 E that season, despite that Sunne finished second to last in their division.
During the 2006–07 season, Rahm played in 28 games and improved his save percentage to .921, again ranked second in Division 1 E, but Sunne's sixth place finish did not qualify them for a playoff spot and they moved on to play in the spring series where Rahm posted an impressive .942 save percentage with two shutouts in five games. During that season, Rahm was briefly loaned to Södertälje SK in HockeyAllsvenskan where he dressed as a backup for two games, and to Frölunda HC in Elitserien where he joined as an extra goaltender during practices.
After that season, he signed a two-year contract with Frölunda, and was assigned to their HockeyAllsvenskan affiliate Borås HC, but due to a groin injury during the pre-season, Rahm started the 2007–08 season with his former team Sunne in Division 1.
On August 5, 2010, it was revealed that on June 28, 2010, Rahm tested positive for use of doping. The test showed signs of anabolic steroids. On October 6, 2010, Rahm was suspended for two years. Färjestad immediately cancelled his contract with the team.
- Gyllander, Peter (2007-04-13). "20-årige målvakten Robin Rahm till Frölunda Indians" (in Swedish). Frölunda HC. Archived from the original on 2011-06-10. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- Gyllander, Peter (2007-08-13). "Robin Rahm och Joakim Andersson lånas ut till Borås" (in Swedish). Frölunda HC. Archived from the original on 2011-06-10. Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- Abrahamsson, Hans (2009-11-12). "Målet är att bli bäst i världen". Aftonbladet (in Swedish). Retrieved 2010-08-08.
- Kalitzki, Jörgen (2010-08-05). "Robin Rahm fast i dopingkontroll" (in Swedish). Färjestads BK. Archived from the original on 2010-08-13. Retrieved 2010-08-07.
- Kalitzki, Jörgen (2010-10-06). "Två års avstängning för Rahm" (in Swedish). Färjestads BK. Archived from the original on 2011-07-26. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "Robin Rahm stängs av två år". Tidningarnas Telegrambyrå (in Swedish). Sveriges Television. 2010-10-06. Archived from the original on 2011-06-12. Retrieved 2010-10-07.
- "Robin Rahm klar för Brynäs IF" (in Swedish). Brynäs IF. 2012-07-05. Archived from the original on 2012-07-08. Retrieved 2012-07-05.