Robin Renwick, Baron Renwick of Clifton
|The Right Honourable
The Lord Renwick of Clifton
|Member of the House of Lords|
26 September 1997
|British Ambassador to the United States|
|Prime Minister||John Major|
|Preceded by||Antony Acland|
|Succeeded by||The Lord Kerr of Kinlochard|
|British Ambassador to South Africa|
|Prime Minister||Margaret Thatcher
|Preceded by||Patrick Moberly|
|Succeeded by||Anthony Reeve|
|Born||13 December 1937|
|Spouse(s)||Annie Colette Gidicelli|
Robin William Renwick, Baron Renwick of Clifton KCMG (born 13 December 1937) is a former diplomat and is now a crossbench member of the House of Lords. He was a Labour peer but moved to the crossbenches in 2007.
In 1963, he entered the British Foreign Service and had the postings detailed below.
Diplomatic Posts Held
- Dakar 1963-64;
- Foreign Office 1964-66;
- New Delhi 1966-70;
- Private Secretary to Minister of State, Foreign and Commonwealth Office 1970-72;
- First Secretary, Paris 1972-76;
- Counsellor, Cabinet Office 1976-78;
- Rhodesia Department, FCO 1978-80;
- Political Adviser to Governor of Rhodesia 1980;
- Head of Chancery, Washington 1981-84;
- Assistant Under-Secretary of State, FCO 1984-87;
In 1965, he married Annie Colette Gidicelli and has one son and one daughter with her.
He currently serves on the Board of Directors of the following firms:
- Compagnie Financiere Richemont AG 1995-,
- Fluor Corporation 1997-,
- SAB Miller plc 1999-,
- Gem Diamonds
- Kazakhmys plc;
- Vallar plc;
- Vice-chairman, JP Morgan Cazenove (previously Cazenove (stock broker)) 2000-
- Excelsior Mining Corp. 2014 -
He has previously served on the following Boards of Directors:
He is a member of the following clubs:
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 1979.
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 1988.
- The London Gazette: . 1 October 1997.
|British Ambassador to the United States