After a brief engagement at Lambeth Mission Hall, from which he was sacked for adding percussion sounds to hymns, he made his West End debut in the revue It's in the Bag. He then toured with the comedy singing duo The Two Leslies (Leslie Sarony and Leslie Holmes). His BBC debut was in Palace of Varieties in 1938.
Post-war he regularly performed on the BBC Light Programme on shows such as Music While You Work, Variety Bandbox and Organ Grinder Swing. He also presented a number of programmes including Housewives' Choice and Jazz Club. On television he was the resident organist on the quiz show Double Your Money.
He died on 27 July 1998.
- Gifford, Denis (8 August 1998). "Obituary: Robin Richmond". The Independent. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "Nigel Ogden: The Organist Entertains, Robin Richmond's Centenary". BBC Online. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
- "BBC Genome Project". Organ Grinder Swing. Retrieved 29 March 2018.
- Evans, Jeff (2001). The Penguin TV Companion. Penguin Books. pp. 185–6. ISBN 0-140-51467-8.
- "Desert Island Discs - Castaway : Robin Richmond". BBC Online. BBC. Retrieved 18 August 2014.
|This article about a British musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|