Robin S. Rosenbaum
|Robin Stacie Rosenbaum|
|Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit|
|Assumed office |
June 2, 2014
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Preceded by||Rosemary Barkett|
|Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida|
June 27, 2012 – June 3, 2014
|Appointed by||Barack Obama|
|Preceded by||Alan Stephen Gold|
|Born||July 11, 1966|
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
|Residence||Boca Raton, Florida|
|Education||Cornell University (B.A.)|
University of Miami School of Law (J.D.)
Robin Stacie Rosenbaum (born July 11, 1966) is an American lawyer and judge who has served on the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit since 2014, and who previously was a judge for the Southern District of Florida.
Early life and education
Rosenbaum was born in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, and attended Pine Crest School in Florida. She completed her Bachelor of Arts degree in 1988 at Cornell University, where she was a student-elected member of the Board of Trustees, a member of the Quill and Dagger society, and a member of the Zeta Phi chapter of Alpha Chi Omega. Rosenbaum received her Juris Doctor magna cum laude, in 1991 from the University of Miami School of Law.
Rosenbaum was a trial attorney in the Federal Programs Branch of the United States Department of Justice from 1991 to 1995. She served as staff counsel for the United States Office of the Independent Counsel from 1995 to 1996. She worked as a litigation associate at Holland & Knight from 1996 to 1997. Rosenbaum then clerked for Judge Stanley Marcus of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit in 1998. From 1998 to 2007, she served as an Assistant United States Attorney in the Southern District of Florida, becoming Chief of the Economics Crime Section in Fort Lauderdale in 2002.
On November 30, 2011, President Obama nominated Rosenbaum to be District Judge for the Southern District of Florida, to replace Alan Stephen Gold, who took senior status in 2010. The United States Senate confirmed Rosenbaum in a 92–3 vote on June 26, 2012. She received her commission on June 27, 2012.
On November 7, 2013 President Barack Obama nominated Rosenbaum to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. She received a hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on February 11, 2014. Her nomination was reported out of committee by voice vote on March 6, 2014. Cloture was filed on her nomination on May 6, 2014. On Thursday May 8, 2014, the Senate voted 57–37 to invoke cloture on the Rosenbaum nomination. On Monday, May 12, 2014, the Senate voted 91–0 in favor of final confirmation (and elevation) to the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. She was commissioned as a judge for the Eleventh Circuit on June 2, 2014.
- MyLife.com profile
- "Rosenbaum, Robin Stacie – Federal Judicial Center". www.fjc.gov.
- "President Obama Nominates Three to Serve on the US District Court Bench". 30 November 2011.
- "U.S. Senate: U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 112th Congress – 2nd Session".
- "President Obama Nominates Judge Robin S. Rosenbaum to Serve on the United States Court of Appeals". 7 November 2013.
- "Judicial Nomination Materials: 113th Congress". United States Senate Committee on the Judiciary. United States Senate. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- "Cloture filed on 4 judicial nominations (Talwani, Peterson, Rosenstengal, Rosenbaum)". Archived from the original on 2016-11-21.
- "U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 113th Congress – 2nd Session". Vote Summary: Vote Number 140. United States Senate. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- "U.S. Senate: U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 113th Congress – 2nd Session".
- Robin S. Rosenbaum at the Biographical Directory of Federal Judges, a public domain publication of the Federal Judicial Center.
- Robin Rosenbaum at Ballotpedia
Alan Stephen Gold
| Judge of the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
| Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit