|Born||March 18, 1965
Port Hawkesbury, Nova Scotia
|Occupation||Author, personal development expert, leadership speaker, former litigation lawyer|
|Alma mater||Schulich School of Law at Dalhousie University|
|Notable works||The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO|
|Notable awards||Golden Gavel award by ToastmastersInternational in 2011, World’s Top Leadership Professionals for 2016|
Formerly a litigation lawyer, he walked away from his legal career at age 25 due to dissatisfaction with his life, and self-published MegaLiving, a guide to stress management which incorporated both western and eastern spirituality techniques. He initially also self-published The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari, which was then picked up for wider distribution by HarperCollins and became a Canadian and international bestseller.
In his experience of over 20 years, Sharma has spoken for organizations such as Nike, Microsoft, PwC and HP. His presentations are based on his book, The Leader Who Had No Title, in which he tries to deliver the message that anyone in any role can be a leader. Sharma’s speaking engagements are arranged through The Harry Walker Agency.
He has since published 11 other books, and founded the leadership training firm Sharma Leadership International. In 2007, an independent survey of businesspeople named Sharma as one of the most influential leadership gurus in the world.
- Megaliving!: 30 Days to a Perfect Life (1994, ISBN 978-8172246143)
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (1997, ISBN 978-0062515674)
- Leadership Wisdom from the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (1998)
- Who Will Cry When You Die: Life Lessons from the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (1999, ISBN 978-8179922323)
- Family Wisdom from the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (2001)
- The Saint, the Surfer, and the CEO (2002, ISBN 978-1401900168)
- Discover Your Destiny with the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (2004)
- The Greatness Guide: 101 Lessons for Making What's Good at Work and in Life Even Better (2006, ISBN 978-0061238574)
- Daily Inspiration from the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (2007)
- The Greatness Guide Book 2: 101 More Insights to Get You to World Class (2008)
- The Leader Who Had No Title (2010, ISBN 978-1439109137)
- The Secret Letters of the Monk Who Sold His Ferrari (2011)
- The Mastery Manual (2015)
- "Leadership Gurus | Top Leadership Speakers, Thought Leaders, Trainers Best of Best List". Globalgurus.org. Retrieved 2016-08-08.
- "Why millions go to this man for advice; Robin Sharma offers simple rules to live by. The hard part is living up to them every day". Victoria Times-Colonist, November 29, 2011.
- "Spiritual fable sheds light on life's big questions; Sharma's Seven Secrets". Edmonton Journal, September 23, 1997.
- "Toward a healthy lifestyle East Meets West: Meditation and yoga can be used by anyone". The Globe and Mail, March 3, 1995.
- "Monk points way to balance in business". Toronto Star, October 22, 1998.
- Neal Stephenson. "Robin Sharma". Harpercollins.com. Retrieved 2016-08-08.
- "> Who We Are". Robinsharma. 1999-12-04. Retrieved 2016-08-08.
- "Book Robin Sharma for Public Speaking | Harry Walker Agency". Harrywalker.com. Retrieved 2016-08-08.
- "Sharma shows the way: Novel maps out road to happiness". Toronto Star, November 5, 2011.
- "World-renowned speaker coming to Saint John; Business Robin Sharma will give presentation at Board of Trade event". Telegraph-Journal, August 25, 2010.
- "Marketing a message: Self-publishing takes time, money, commitment". Calgary Herald, May 16, 1999.
- "In the marathon of life, some wisdom bites to help the cause". The Globe and Mail, June 21, 2006.
- "Leaders Without Titles". The Globe and Mail, March 31, 2010.