|75th Speaker of the Wisconsin Assembly|
January 7, 2013
|Preceded by||Jeff Fitzgerald|
|Member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
from the 63rd district
January 3, 2005
July 5, 1968 |
Burlington, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Education||University of Wisconsin–Whitewater (BA)|
Robin J. Vos (born July 5, 1968) is an American politician. He has been a Republican member of the Wisconsin State Assembly since 2005, representing the 63rd district, and has been Speaker of the Assembly since 2013.
Vos is a small-business owner, owning RoJo's Popcorn. He is a former congressional district director and a former legislative assistant. He was a member of the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents from 1989 to 1991, and a member of the Racine County Board from 1994 to 2004.
Vos is the chairman of the Committee on Assembly Organization and Committee on Employment Relations. He is vice chair of the Committee on Rules and co-chair of the Committee on Legislative Organization.
On November 8, 2016, Vos was reelected with 18,771 votes to Democratic challenger Andy Mitchell's 10,487.
- Profile, legis.wisconsin.gov; accessed November 15, 2014.
- Wisconsin Blue Book 2011-2012, Biographical sketch of Robin Vos, p. 61.
- "Robin Vos, the man amidst the controversy", journaltimes.com; accessed November 15, 2014.
- "Robin Vos - Ballotpedia". Retrieved 2017-10-26.
- Nikolina Lazic, "Federal Court Strikes Down WI's 'Discriminatory' Voter ID as Unconstitutional", progressive.org, April 30, 2014; accessed November 15, 2014.
- Sommerhauser, Mark (March 25, 2016). "Robin Vos endorses Ted Cruz". Wisconsin State Journal. Retrieved March 25, 2016.
- Patrick Marley. "Assembly Speaker Robin Vos received $57,000 in travel and other perks since 2014". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, May 3, 2018.
- Julie Carr Smyth. Robin Vos among GOP leaders who made trip with lobbyists and controversial lawmaker". Wisconsin State Journal, April 18, 2018.
- Jason Stein and Patrick Marley. "Speaker Robin Vos took free trip to London with lobbyists and leaders from other states". Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, April 12, 2018.
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Robin J. Vos official government website
- Vos for Assembly official political website
- RoJo's Popcorn Family business website
|This article about a member of the Wisconsin State Assembly is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|