July 7, 1969
Robin Weigert (born July 7, 1969) is an American television and film actress. She is best known for portraying Calamity Jane on the HBO series Deadwood (2004–06, 2019), for which she was nominated for an Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series.
Weigert was born in Washington, D.C., the daughter of Dionne Laufman and Berlin-born Wolfgang Oscar Weigert, a psychiatrist. She is Jewish. After graduating from Brandeis University in 1991, Weigert attended New York University, earning a Master of Fine Arts degree in the Graduate Acting Program at the Tisch School of the Arts. After a decade as a stage actress based in New York City, she moved to Los Angeles and has appeared in various movies, TV shows and mini-series.
Weigert is best known for her much-lauded portrayal of the unkempt, cantankerous and foul-mouthed drunkard Calamity Jane in the HBO television series Deadwood, which ran from 2004 to 2006. In 2004, Weigert was nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for the role. In 2006, she won Hollywood Life magazine's "Breakthrough of the Year" award.
In 2010, it was announced that Weigert would be joining the cast of the FX drama Sons of Anarchy. She plays the motorcycle club's lawyer. As of 2014, she plays a recurring role on Chicago P.D.
- The Whip (2012, as audiobook narrator)
|1999||Heart to Heart.com||Whitney|
|2001||The Sleepy Time Gal||Hospital Records|
|2006||The Good German||Hannelore|
|2007||Things We Lost in the Fire||Brenda|
|2008||Synecdoche, New York||Adult Olive|
|2009||The Private Lives of Pippa Lee||Aunt Trish|
|2009||My One and Only||Hope|
|2009||The Undying||Barbara Haughton|
|2013||Concussion||Abby||Nominated—Gotham Award for Best Breakthrough Performance|
Nominated—Seattle International Film Festival Award for Best Actress
|2014||Pawn Sacrifice||Regina Fischer|
|2015||Take Me to the River||Cindy|
|2018||Please Stand By||Officer Doyle|
|1998||Twelfth Night, Or What You Will||N/A||Television film|
|1999||Law & Order||Denise Luca||Episode: "Gunshow"|
|2000||Mary and Rhoda||Hostess||Television film|
|2003||Angels in America||Mormon Mother||Episode: "Part 2 Perestroika"|
|2003||Law & Order||Leanna Parks||Episode: "Seer"|
|2004–05||Cold Case||Anna Mayes||4 episodes|
|2004||Without a Trace||Adina Paphos||Episode: "Legacy"|
|2004||NYPD Blue||Donna Traylor||Episode: "Traylor Trash"|
|2004||Judging Amy||Tina Stewart||Episode: "Conditional Surrender"|
|2004–06||Deadwood||Calamity Jane||30 episodes|
Nominated—Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series
Nominated—Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
|2005||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation||Dr. Diana Dino||Episode: "Committed"|
|2006||The Unit||Annette Terry||Episode: "The Kill Zone"|
|2006||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Heather Stark||Episode: "Recall"|
|2006||Numb3rs||Elaine Tillman||Episode: "Killer Chat"|
|2007–08||Life||Lt. Karen Davis||11 episodes|
|2008||ER||Nicole||Episode: "The High Holiday"|
|2009||United States of Tara||Jenny||Episode: "Snow"|
|2009||Private Practice||Amelia Sawyer||2 episodes|
|2010||The Mentalist||Eliza Green||Episode: "Red Herring"|
|2010||Miami Medical||Nurse Carol||Episode: "Pilot"|
|2010||Law & Order||Catherine Douglas||Episode: "The Taxman Cometh"|
|2010–13||Sons of Anarchy||Ally Lowen||15 episodes|
|2010||Hawthorne||Sara Adams||4 episodes|
|2011||Law & Order: LA||Hayden Tract||Episode: "Sister of the Gunman"|
|2011||Grey's Anatomy||Karen Lawrence||Episode: "Free Falling"|
|2012||American Horror Story: Asylum||Cynthia Potter||Episode: "Tricks and Treats"|
|2013||Chicago Fire||Erica Gradishar||Episode: "Let Her Go"|
|2014||Chicago P.D.||Erica Gradishar||5 episodes|
|2014||Once Upon A Time||Bo Peep||Episode: "White Out"|
|2015||The Following||Judge Wallace||Episode: "A Hostile Witness"|
|2015||Law & Order: Special Victims Unit||Counselor Lisa Hassler||Episode: "Depravity Standard"|
|2015||Marvel's Jessica Jones||Wendy Ross-Hogarth||7 episodes|
|2016||Damien||Sister Greta Fraueva||6 episodes|
|2016||The Night Shift||Mrs. Dawson||Episode: "Between a Rick and a Hard Place"|
|2016||Transformers: Robots in Disguise||Scatterspike (voice)||2 episodes|
|2016||American Horror Story: Roanoke||Mama Polk||2 episodes|
|2017||Big Little Lies||Dr. Amanda Reisman||5 episodes|
|2017||Fearless||Heather Myles||6 episodes|
|2018||Dietland||Verena Baptist||10 episodes|
|2019||Deadwood||Calamity Jane||Television film|
- "Obituaries". Washington Post. October 27, 2009.
- Cohen, Benyamin (May–June 2006). "Robin Weigert". American Jewish Life. Archived from the original on May 8, 2008. Retrieved 9 November 2017.
- "Robin Weigert - Profile by Benyamin Cohen" Archived 2008-05-08 at the Wayback Machine. May/June, 2006, American Jewish Life Magazine
- "NYU Graduate Acting Alumni". 2011. Retrieved 2011-12-08.
- "Deadwood: Up Close with Calamity Jane". tvguide.com. 11 August 2006. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- "Exclusive: First pictures, exclusive details on the new 'Sons of Anarchy' season June 08, 2010, Chicago Tribune
- "INTERVIEW - Robin Weigert talks personal conflict and moral ambiguity on 'Sons of Anarchy.' - The Nerd Repository". /nerdrepository.com. 5 November 2013. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- Andreeva, Nellie (26 September 2013). "Terry Kinney Joins 'Black Box', Robin Weigert In 'Trending Down' & 'Chicago PD', Annabelle Stephenson Boards 'Revenge'". deadline.com. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- "Robin Weigert on leaving TV (and her inhibitions) behind in 'Concussion'". hitfix.com. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- "'Sons of Anarchy's' Robin Weigert Joins Bobby Fischer Pic 'Pawn Sacrifice' (Exclusive)". hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved 25 September 2016.
- "ABC 'Once Upon A Time' New Episode Preview: Prince Charming Josh Dallas Talks 'Chicago Fire' Robin Weigert Villain Bo Beep and 'Frozen' Anna Relationship [PROMO] [SEASON 4]". classicalite.com. 5 October 2014. Retrieved 25 September 2016.