Robin Wilson (musician)
July 12, 1965|
|Associated acts||Gin Blossoms, Gas Giants|
Robin Wilson (born July 12, 1965) is an American musician, most notable for his work as the lead vocalist of the rock band, Gin Blossoms. He has stepped in as occasional lead singer for The Smithereens.
Wilson replaced Richard Taylor as guitarist of Gin Blossoms in 1988, but switched places early on with vocalist Jesse Valenzuela. He remained a member of the band until their breakup in 1997, during which time the band came out with two albums. Their hit debut album New Miserable Experience went quadruple platinum and featured singles "Hey Jealousy", "Found Out About You", "Mrs. Rita", "Until I Fall Away", and Wilson's "Allison Road". Their next album, Congratulations I'm Sorry, which went platinum, featured singles "Follow You Down", "As Long as it Matters", "Not Only Numb", and "Day Job", as well as Wilson's "Highwire". After the breakup of Gin Blossoms, Wilson was the lead vocalist and songwriter for the band Gas Giants, which also included guitarist Dan Henzerling and former Gin Blossoms drummer Phil Rhodes. He also contributed vocals for The Longshadows album Simple Minded Way.
Wilson runs his own studio Uranus Recording in Tempe, Arizona, which he opened in 1994. When the Gin Blossoms reunited in 2002, Wilson began touring with the band as well as recording the album, Major Lodge Victory, that was released on August 8, 2006 and featured singles "Learning the Hard Way" and "Long Time Gone".
- "Gin Blossoms confirm breakup". Sarasota Herald-Tribune. January 1, 1998. Retrieved May 11, 2010.
- "Gin Blossoms Singer a Giant Again". Rolling Stone. August 12, 1999. Retrieved May 11, 2010.
- "Longshadows album melodic, introspective". Deseret News. April 13, 2007. Archived from the original on January 21, 2013. Retrieved May 11, 2010.
- "After 10 years, Gin Blossoms have new CD". East Valley Tribune. August 2, 2006. Retrieved May 11, 2010.[dead link]
- "Gin Blossoms Bloom Again". Rolling Stone. February 14, 2003. Retrieved May 11, 2010.[dead link]