Robin Zander (album)
|Studio album by Robin Zander|
|Released||6 July 1993|
|Producer||Jimmy Iovine, Robin Zander, James "Jae-E" Earley, Matt Dike, Mike Campbell|
|Robin Zander chronology|
Robin Zander is the first solo album from Cheap Trick's lead singer Robin Zander. The album was released in 1993 and wasn't commercially successful however critical response was positive. Allmusic stated "it's fifty minutes of well-crafted rock delivered by one of the most-gifted vocalists and frontmen in rock history." The album contains mostly original tracks with a few covers.
"I've Always Got You" was released as a single and peaked at #13 on the Mainstream Rock Charts. The single also peaked at #64 in Canada for a total of four weeks. "Show Me Heaven" was also released as a promotional single, the second and final single release from the album.
The track "Emily" was written with David A. Stewart (of the Eurythmics) and featured Cheap Trick bassist Tom Petersson on bass guitar. "Secret" was written with the songwriting team Billy Steinberg and Tom Kelly along with Rick Nielsen, lead guitarist of Cheap Trick. "Time Will Let You Know" was recorded live for Cheap Trick's album Silver. Holland Zander, Robin Zander's daughter and former lead singer of The Snaggs, made a guest appearance to sing a duet version of the track.
The song "Walkin' Shoes" was re-recorded for Zander's solo album "Countryside Blvd.". This album was due for release in 2010 but has been held back, remaining unreleased to date, although various download sites did legally offer the album but only for a few hours before the album was removed and made unavailable again.
For the German version of the "I've Always Got You" single, an extra non-album track was added, titled "Stone Cold Rhythm Shake", written and originally performed by singer/songwriter Robert Vaughan on his 1991 album "Songs from the Riverhouse". The track was added as a bonus track to the Japanese version of the "Robin Zander" album.
- "Reactionary Girl" - 3:19 (Rob Laufer)
- "I've Always Got You" - 3:40 (J.D. Souther; Mike Campbell; Robin Zander)
- "Show Me Heaven" - 4:03 (Eric Rackin; Jay Rifkin; Maria McKee)
- "Jump into the Fire" - 3:12 (Harry Nilsson)
- "Time Will Let You Know" - 5:32 (Robin Zander; Brian O. Who)
- "Boy (I'm So in Love With You)" - 4:55 (Fred Reynolds; Robin Zander)
- "Tell It to the World" - 3:30 (J.D. Souther; Mike Campbell; Robin Zander)
- "Emily" - 6:09 (Dave Stewart; Robin Zander)
- "I Believe in You" - 4:03 (Neil Young)
- "Secret" - 4:30 (Billy Steinberg; Rick Nielsen; Robin Zander; Tom Kelly)
- "Everlasting Love" - 4:32 (Mick MacNeil; Robin Zander)
- "Walkin' Shoes" - 3:59 (Mark Spiro; Robin Zander)
|Swedish Albums Chart||38||1|
- Demalon, Tom (1993-07-06). "Allmusic review". Allmusic.com. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- SPIN. SPIN Media LLC. p. 122. ISSN 0886-3032. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "Robin Zander - Robin Zander". AllMusic. 1993-07-06. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "Welcome to the LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES CANADA website | Bienvenue au site Web BIBLIOTHÈQUE ET ARCHIVES CANADA". Collectionscanada.gc.ca. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "Robin Zander - Discography at Discogs". discogs.com. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "Robin Zander - Robin Zander (CD, Album) at Discogs". Discogs.com. Retrieved 2011-08-10.
- "Robin Zander - I've Always Got You (CD) at Discogs". discogs.com. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- "Songs from the Riverhouse - Robert Vaughn | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- Martin E. Adelson. "Robin Zander - Robin Zander". discog.fleetwoodmac.net. Retrieved 2015-05-14.
- Steffen Hung. "Swedish Charts Portal". swedishcharts.com. Retrieved 2011-08-10.