Robinson: The Journey
|Robinson: The Journey|
Robinson: The Journey is a virtual reality video game developed and published by Crytek. The game released for the PlayStation 4 in November 2016, and for Microsoft Windows in February 2017. The game uses the PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift or SteamVR Compatible virtual reality headsets respectively on each platform.
The game deals with a space traveler named Robin, who becomes stranded on a planet where dinosaurs still roam. He must then manage to escape, with the help of an AI unit from his ship.
The story begins when the main character, Robin, becomes stranded in a planet called Tyson III when his ship, the Esmeralda, makes a crash landing. Robin then travels around the planet with a flying orb, named HIGS, and a baby Tyrannosaurus Rex, James Laika.
In the home campsite they fix a generator to get the power they need to free Laika.[further explanation needed] Then they travel to a farm, where they have to fix another generator. After that, they travel to the Tar Pit and Jungle (in any order) looking for any remaining HIGS units,[further explanation needed] to find out more about why the Esmeralda crashed. The HIGS units have black boxes which contain audio clips and images that help explain what happened to the Esmeralda. Then Robin and HIGS go looking for Laika and end up in the sinkhole, which leads to a graveyard, and eventually the crashed Esmeralda. Then Robin must turn on the power in the Planetarium in the Esmeralda in order to see the last of the corrupted HIGS data.
The game ends with Robin, HIGS, and Laika fighting an adult t-rex, then watching the remaining HIGS data.
Crytek first showed their early work in the game in the form of two VR demos, titled Back to Dinosaur Island and Back to Dinosaur Island 2. Back to Dinosaur Island was first shown at Gamescom 2014, and both demos were later released for free for the Oculus Rift.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2018)
- Makuch, Eddie. "Listen To The Pulsing, Electronic Music From Crytek's VR Game, Robinson: The Journey". GameSpot. Retrieved January 30, 2017.
- "Sci-Fi Adventure Game Robinson: The Journey Launches on November 8 for PSVR". October 12, 2016.
- "Robinson: The Journey Review – TheSixthAxis". November 7, 2016.
- "Crytek Talks Robinson: The Journey, Back to Dinosaur Island and More". VRFocus.
- "Robinson: The Journey for PlayStation 4 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved June 26, 2021.
- Devore, Jordan (November 14, 2016). "Review: Robinson: The Journey". Destructoid. Retrieved June 26, 2021.
- Albert, Brian (November 8, 2016). "Robinson: The Journey Review". IGN. Retrieved April 26, 2021.
- Juba, Joe (November 17, 2016). "Robinson: The Journey Extinction Event". Game Informer. Retrieved April 26, 2021.
- "ROBINSON: THE JOURNEY PLAYSTATION 4". Metacritic.