Box art for Robocalypse.
|Designer(s)||Jay Lender created By Kenny Kiernan|
|Mode(s)||Single player, Multiplayer|
Robocalypse is a real-time strategy video game developed and published by Vogster Entertainment for the Nintendo DS handheld video game console. It has only been released in North America. It was created by Jay Lender and Micah Wright in illust by Kenny Kiernan draw is American Anime and Cartoons, former writers for The Angry Beavers, SpongeBob SquarePants, and Phineas and Ferb.
Robocalypse has received positive reception, garnering a 79.8% from GameRankings and 79 from Metacritic. It is often praised for being one of the few real-time strategy games on the Nintendo DS. A follow up, Robocalypse: Beaver Defense, was released for WiiWare in June 2010. On September 18, 2009, Vogster released a mobile adaption on App Store for the iPhone and iPod Touch - titled Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem. This game is based on the Nintendo DS version.
Robocalypse has received mostly positive reviews, with an aggregate score of 79.8% and 79 from GameRankings and Metacritic respectively. Daemon Hatfield of IGN awarded it the Editor's Choice in its review, exclaiming that he was glad to see a real-time strategy game made for the Nintendo DS, the genre being so well-suited for the system's touch controls and dual screens. He complimented its controls and AI. He also praised its humor, saying that he finds it to be truly unique. Mike Feinburg of GameSpot also praised it for its tight controls and humor, but described the AI as clumsy and frustrating.
Robocalypse was recognized by the KRI games development conference in Moscow as the best game for portable systems. It also received several Nintendo DS-specific nominations from IGN in their 2008 video game awards, including Best Strategy Game, Best New IP, and Most Innovative Design.
- "Game Rankings score". GameRankings. Retrieved 2009-01-02.
- "Metacritic score". Metacritic. Retrieved 2009-01-02.
- "Robocalypse Now". IGN. 2008-01-22. Retrieved 2009-01-02.
- "IGN Review". IGN. 2008-11-07. Retrieved 2009-01-02.
- "GameSpot Review". GameSpot. 2008-12-18. Retrieved 2009-01-02.
- "Robocalypse News". Tecmo. Retrieved 2009-01-06.
- "IGN DS: Best Strategy Game 2008". IGN.com. 2008-12-15. Archived from the original on 2008-12-19. Retrieved 2008-12-19.
- "IGN DS: Best New IP 2008". IGN.com. 2008-12-15. Archived from the original on 2008-12-19. Retrieved 2008-12-19.
- "IGN DS: Most Innovative Design 2008". IGN.com. 2008-12-15. Archived from the original on 2008-12-19. Retrieved 2008-12-19.
|This strategy video game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|