|Big Finish Productions audio drama|
|Producer||Jamie Robertson Music and SFX|
|Executive producer||Nicholas Briggs
|Release date||July 2011|
The Doctor arrives on a spaceship transporting over a hundred thousand potentially deadly robots.
- The Doctor - Sylvester McCoy
- Liv Chenka - Nicola Walker
- Farel - Toby Hadoke
- Bas Pellico - William Hazell
- Selerat - Nicholas Pegg
- Cravnet - Dan Starkey
- Tal Karus - Matt Addis
- Leebar/Computer Voice - John Dorney
- For the people of Kaldor, this story picks up a few months after the events of the Fourth Doctor television story, The Robots of Death.
- The Doctor's TARDIS is black in this story. It remains this way through subsequent stories and is resolved in Black and White.
- Black and White also contains a few scenes that take place directly after Lurkers at Sunlight's Edge, including the Doctor finding the Black TARDIS, and his first trip in it to the spaceship Lorelei, as heard in this story. There is also a scene where he takes it on its second trip, to the planet Celdor, in The Doomsday Quatrain.
- Dan Starkey has played Sontarans in several recent Doctor Who television stories.
- Toby Hadoke is a comedian best known to Doctor Who fans for his one-man show Moths Ate My Doctor Who Scarf.
Doctor Who Magazine reviewer Matt Michael said that the play is a "sequel that compares well to the original", and praised the performance of Walker as Liv Chenka, who is the "guest companion" in the audio.
|This Doctor Who–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|