|Created by||Lila Rose
|Voices of||Neil Crone
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of episodes||52|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Portfolio Entertainment
Roboroach is a Canadian animated television series, which ran on Teletoon in Canada and Fox Kids in Europe. It follows the story of a cockroach named Rube and his brother Reg. While scavenging for food, as seen in the opening, Rube is caught and experimented on. His brother saves him, but when they jump in an electrical outlet, Rube is transformed forever into a roboroach, a half-robot half-cockroach. After that he swears to use his powers only for the good of everyone and never for personal use, unfortunately for Reg.
- Ruben "Rube" Roach has been turned into a "super-bug" thanks to being captured and experimented on before he hopped into an electrical outlet and transformed into RoboRoach and since that day he serves as the superhero of the fictional town of Vexberg. He always thinks of the others before himself and never accepts gifts of gratitude, and that's the reason why he and his brother live in poverty. Rube is also quite childish, naïve and believes almost everything anyone tells him. He has three pet lice and a "larvy" doll that he can't sleep without. His robotic superpowers include transforming into almost anything, from washing machines to scouters and from planes to toilets. He is voiced by Scott Thompson
- Reginald "Reg" Roach is Rube's older, and shorter, brother who always tries to get rich but always fails. He is overambitious and cares only about himself. Reg tries to use his brother's powers to obtain money but Rube always turns down reward offers because, as he says: "A good deed is its own reward!". That infuriates Reg as he is also quite selfish and hot-tempered. This often causes him a lot of trouble. However he is still Rube's big brother regardless and there are times he can cast his own greed and anger aside just for his big younger brother whenever he believes he might lose his brother and more, showing us he truly cares for his brother and loves him as much as Rube does for him. His catchphrase is "Why me? why me? Why all the time me?" with slight variations according to the episode. He could be described as an Ever-failing character. Reg is voiced by Ted Dykstra.
- Mayor Mierworm is the mayor of Vexburg. she does not like Rube or Reg and thinks of them as menaces. Once she even tried to blame them for a crime they never committed, just to get rid of them. As a politician she is not very good but seemingly Mayor Mierworm gets re-elected quite often.
- Skeeter Jettings is the main reporter in the series and can be found announcing the news on Reg and Rube's TV. His name is a spoof on Peter Jennings.
- The police chief is Roboroach's friend and chief of the police station. Also known for his giggle.
- Doc is the Roach brothers' personal physician.
- Sterling Überbucks is CEO and owner of his company "Überbucks Dynamic Concerns". He and his helper Toadie are always trying to get richer at the cost of anything. Sterling has a nephew Stewie Jr., an evil twin brother named Carling and a great-great-great grandfather named Sterling Überrucks The Very 1st.
- Mandible Lecter, a dangerous murderer, kidnaps innocent bugs and eats them.
- Widow Black, a black widow, who marries bugs.
- The Exterminator, a war-fanatic with a German accent is considered to be a mercenary.
- F. Lee Brain, a mad scientist that is bent on conquering the world with the help of his henchman Slug.
- The Disciplinarian/Ms.Conduct, a former teacher to Rube and Reg.
The episode "Revenge of the Fleabrain" parodies Superman.