Robstown High School
|Robstown High School|
|609 Hwy 44
Robstown, Texas 78380
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Robstown Independent School District|
|Color(s)||Red & White|
|Athletics conference||UIL, AAA|
|Website||Robstown High School webpage|
Robstown High School is an AAA secondary school located in the Corpus Christi suburb-city of Robstown, Texas. The school handles grades 9 through 12. RHS primarily serves the city, yet it enrolls students from nearby school districts such as Banquete, Calallen, and Tuloso-Midway. Robstown High School has neighborhood and Advanced Placement programs. The school has gained fame for its mascot, the "Cottonpicker". The Robstown High School marching band is known to be one of the rivals of the HM King High School Brahma marching band. The band is also known as "The Big Red Band From Pickerland." The band has won numerous awards for excellence and has also been awarded "Sweepstakes" status. Robstown High School's student body is primarily Hispanic.
Robstown High School is noted for having vocational-technical programs offering a wide array of courses such as cosmetology, health care professions, woodshop, and drafting, among the others. RHS, as it is called, is also known for its financial aid office, with a staff dedicated to finding scholarships, FAFSA awards, and applications for colleges.
The Robstown Cottonpickers compete in the following sports:
Cross Country, Volleyball, Football, Basketball, Powerlifting, Golf, Tennis, Track, Softball & Baseball
- Baseball - 
- 1991(4A), 1992(4A)
- 1966 District Champs
- 2010 Bi-District Champs (Beat Port Isabel 37-7) Playoff Win
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- Eddie Jackson, American bassist from Queensrÿche
- Roland Gutierrez, American keyboardist & music producer
- Solomon P. Ortiz, Congressman - Texas's 27th congressional district)
- Gene Upshaw, NFL Player - Oakland Raiders
- Marvin Upshaw, NFL player - Cleveland Browns, Kansas City Chiefs and St. Louis Cardinals 
- Abel Herrero, Texas State Representative
- Ángel Zúñiga, National Commander, American GI Forum of the US
- UIL Centennial Webpage
- "ORTIZ, Solomon P., (1937 - )". Biographical Directory of the United States Congress. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- "Gene Upshaw". daabaseFootball.com. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- "Marv Upshaw". daabaseFootball.com. Retrieved December 10, 2012.
- "Meet Abel". abelherrero.com. Retrieved 25 December 2012.
- "AGIF of TX". Retrieved 1 August 2014.