||The present disambiguation page holds the title of a primary topic, and an article needs to be written about it. It is believed to qualify as a broad-concept article. It may be written directly at this page, or drafted elsewhere then moved over here. Related titles should be described in Robustness, while unrelated titles should be moved to Robustness (disambiguation).||
|Look up robust in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Robustness is the property of being strong and healthy in constitution. When we transpose it to a system, it refers to the ability of tolerating perturbations that might affect the system’s functional body . In the same line Robustness can be defined as "the ability of a system to resist change without adapting its initial stable configuration". When perturbations are small in magnitude we speak about "Robustness in the small", always keeping in mind that the ”small” magnitude hypothesis is hard to be verified since small or large depends on the specific problem. Conversely, we say that we address a "Robustness in the large problem" when no assumptions are made about the magnitude of perturbations, which can either be small or large. It has been discussed that robustness has to dimensions: resistance and avoidance.
Robustness may refer to:
- In biology
- Robust control
- Robust optimization
- Robust decision, a decision that is as immune to uncertainty as is possible and looks good to all constituents long after it is made
- Robust decision making
- Robust statistics, a statistical technique that performs well even if its assumptions are somewhat violated by the true model from which the data were generated
- Robustness (computer science)
- Robustness (economics)
- Structural robustness
- 'Robust', a 6-row barley variety
- Wieland, A., Wallenburg, C.M., 2012. Dealing with supply chain risks: Linking risk management practices and strategies to performance. International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, 42(10).
- C.Alippi: "Robustness Analysis" chapter in Intelligence for Embedded Systems. Springer, 2014, 283pp, ISBN 978-3-319-05278-6.
- Durach, C.F. et al. (2015), Antecedents and dimensions of supply chain robustness: a systematic literature review, International Journal of Physical Distribution & Logistics Management, Vol. 45, No. 1/2, pp. 118-137
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Robustness.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.