Robyn Lawley at the Guess Accessory Launch in Sydney, Australia
|Born||13 June 1989|
Girraween, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||1.89 m (6 ft 2 1⁄2 in)|
|Agency||One management (New York) |
New Madison (Paris)
Why Not Model Management (Milan) Bella models Australia
Milk Management (London)
Francina Models (Barcelona)
MIKAs (Stockholm) 
Early life and family
Robyn was born in Girraween, New South Wales, to Chris and Janne Lawley; and has two older sisters, Shona and Jennifer. Robyn attended Macarthur Girls High School. Robyn went to see a mainstream agency when she was 15 and although they were ready to sign her, she didn't feel ready. After taking a year off she returned and started doing straight size modeling for a year. Finding it to be not worth the effort of maintaining the size 8 that was required, she signed with Bella model management, a "plus size" modeling agency in Australia, when she was 18.
Lawley's first magazine shoot was for Dolly in 2006. At the beginning of her career she appeared in a plus-size clothing range for New Zealand brand EziBuy. Lawley has modelled for the cover of French Elle, Marie Claire (France, Australia) and Cosmopolitan. In June 2011, Lawley featured on the cover of Vogue Italia alongside fellow plus-sized models Tara Lynn and Candice Huffine, shot by Steven Meisel. In addition, she appeared on the March 2012 cover of Madison, becoming the first Australian plus-sized model to appear on the cover of an Australian fashion magazine, as well as the first plus-size model to appear in an editorial specifically produced for Australian Vogue. Lawley has also appeared in editorials for Dazed & Confused, Glamour, Marie Claire Hungary and the British and Croatian editions of Elle.
Lawley has walked for designers including Peter Morrissey at Australian Fashion Week, Elena Miro at Milan Fashion Week as well as in a one-woman show for OneStopPlus, streamed on to a New York Times Square moving billboard.
Lawley has appeared in campaigns for plus-size brands including Evans, Lane Bryant, Marina Rinaldi and Persona Collezioni. Lawley also modeled for the debut of H & M's inclusive line as well as Mango's plus-size line, Violeta by Mango. She modeled for the debut and several other collections of Swan by Clements Ribeiro for Evans, designed by husband and wife duo Suzanne Clements and Inacio Ribeiro. Lawley appeared in campaigns for Ralph Lauren, becoming the first plus-size model to be used in their in-store advertising. Lawley appeared in Lane Bryant's rebranding campaign, which included print magazine ads and several billboards in New York City.
Lawley has also appeared in advertising for brands such as Calezdonia's Summer 2012 campaign photographed by Raphael Mazzucco and Boux Avenue lingerie. She also appeared in campaigns for lingerie brand Chantelle, photographed by Greg Kadel along with models including Maryna Linchuk. Her first beauty campaign was Face Time for Barneys New York Holiday 2013, photographed by Ben Hassett.
Lawley was photographed by Kenneth Willardt for a fine art exhibition, Size Does Matter. The show was on exhibit from November to December 2013 at the 588 Gallery in Chelsea. Lawley was photographed nude with various animals,including rabbits, an owl, an octopus and tarantulas. Each image in the exhibit had a QR code. When the QR code was scanned with a cell phone, added movement in the image was visible on the cell phone screen. In addition to the images in the gallery, a billboard with Lawley flanked by bunnies was placed on the West Side Highway in Manhattan.
In early 2015, Robyn Lawley became a Sports Illustrated "Rookie", making her the first "plus-size" model to be featured in the magazine's annual Swimsuit Issue. The assistant managing editor of Sports Illustrated had stated that Lawley "had been on her radar for years and is being highlighted as a model rather than as a "plus size" model."  Lawley has been in the issue, 2015, 2016, 2017 and in 2018 she also filmed the series “In her own words”
Lawley's swimwear line, designed by Lawley in collaboration with Bond-Eye Swimwear, launched in August 2013. The swimwear was produced in sizes 8 (US) to 18 (US), with plans to extend the size range in the future.
Photography and Videographer/Director
Lawley photographed Tara Lynn for Galore Magazine Issue 4. Lawley's photographs of Leah Kelley in her swimwear line went viral on social media and were covered by notable fashion websites. Lawley also video the documentary “in her own words” for sports illustrated https://www.si.com/swimsuit/model/robyn-lawley/2018/specials Lawley filmed and directed Myla DalBesio’s debut collection commercial for Prima Donna Lingerie
The success of Lawley's food blog, "Robyn Lawley Eats" led to her receiving a contract with Random House to publish a cookbook with original recipes, family recipes and tips on eating at restaurants around the world. Her recipes have been featured on Australian television and on the website of Good Morning America. Lawley has become vegan and since has publicly spoken against her own cookbook wanting to redo but plant based.
Lawley has written two articles on body image for The Daily Beast. Her first article, in September 2012 addressed the media's response to Lady Gaga's weight gain. The second article, in October 2013, addressed the thigh gap trend.
Lawley and her partner Everest Schmidt, a lawyer with the Paul Law Group and former Lafayette College basketball player, are the parents of a daughter Ripley, born on 26 February 2015.
Lawley was voted the winner of the Australian Cosmopolitan Fun, Fearless Female, Rising Star Award 2011. Lawley was also selected for Sydney Magazine's Top 100 Most Influential People of the year award for 2011. In June 2013, Lawley was awarded Model of the Year during the Full Figured Fashion Week.
- "Robyn Lawley - MiLK Model Management".
- "Robyn Lawley by BELLA Management".
- "Robyn Lawley - Model".
- "Robyn Lawley homepage". www.supermodels.nl. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- James Lim (6 November 2011). "Meet the New Girl: Aspiring D.J. Robyn Lawley Wants to Change the World's Perspective on Plus-Size Modeling". nymag.com. New York Magazine.
- "ROBYN LAWLEY: the interview". www.pony-ryder.com. 3 June 2011. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- "Robyn and Aglae for Marie Claire". Madisonplus.com. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- "Robyn Lawley". Models.com. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "Belle vere". www.vogue.it. Vogue Italia.
- "Cover story: Robyn Lawley". www.madisonmag.com.au. Madison Magazine. 14 February 2012. Archived from the original on 23 February 2012.
- Felicity Loughrey (8 February 2011). "Robyn Lawley is the shape of now". www.vogue.com.au. Vogue Australia.
- "Robyn Lawley in Glamour Magazine, July 2012". TruthandFashion.com. 6 August 2012. Archived from the original on 9 July 2013. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- D'Ospina, Elisa (21 September 2011). "Robyn Lawley for Elena Mirò". Vogue.it. Vogue Italia. Archived from the original on 18 September 2012. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- Ringland, Jenny (24 August 2011). "Peter Morrissey feels all brand-new in designer comeback". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 16 February 2012.
- Milligan, Lauren (2 April 2012). "Break The Rules". vogue.co.uk. Condé Nast Publications. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Levere, Jane (8 August 2012). "A Print Focus Returns in Lane Bryant Campaign". New York Times. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Elegante by Marina Rinaldi". vogue.it. 12 November 2013. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Persona Marina Rinaldi Spring 2012". truthandfashion.com. Truth and Fashion. Archived from the original on 16 December 2013. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "H&M Launches New Plus Line – Inclusive". madisonplus.com. Madison Plus. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Clements Ribeiro for Evans". madisonplus.com. Madison Plus. 27 March 2012. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Model Robyn Lawley for Clements Ribeiro". truthandfashion.com. Truth and Fashion. 3 September 2012. Archived from the original on 15 December 2013. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Robyn Lawley: Plus-sized and proud". aww.ninemsn.com.au. ninemsn. 8 February 2012. Archived from the original on 11 May 2013. Retrieved 2 August 2012.
- Moran, Jonathon (16 November 2012). "Food-loving beauty Robyn Lawley is cooking up a storm". thedailytelegraph.com.au. The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 16 December 2012.
- "Robyn Lawley for Chantelle". www.wilhelminanews.com. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- Krupnick, Ellie (12 December 2013). "Robyn Lawley Scores First Beauty Gig, Because Why Shouldn't Plus-Size Women Model Makeup?". www.huffingtonpost.com. Huffington Post. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Black, Liz (13 November 2013). "Robyn Lawley Is Nude And Stunning In "Size Does Matter" Exhibit". refinery29.com. Refinery 29. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- Heyman, Marshall (5 November 2013). "Model Plus Animals". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- Sherman, Lauren (7 November 2013). "Plus-Size Poster Girl Robyn Lawley Bares It All in a New Gallery Exhibit". elle.com. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- "'Plus-size' Aussie model strips down for photo exhibition". New York Post. pagesix.com. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Brown, Emma. "Kenneth Willardt's Augmented Debut". Interview Magazine. Retrieved 14 January 2014.
- Stampler, Laura (5 February 2015). "Meet the First Plus-Size Model in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition History". Time.com. Retrieved 11 February 2015.
- McKenzie, Sarah. "Robyn Lawley launches swimwear line". stuff.co.nz. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Leibowitz, Lauren (9 July 2013). "Robyn Lawley Swimwear Line Is On Presale Now (PHOTOS)". huffingtonpost.com. Huffington Post. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- Raskin, Aaron (20 September 2013). "Model Crush:Tara Lynn". galoremag.com/. Galore Magazine. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Winick, Kate (2 December 2013). "Instagram Star Leah Kelley on Plus-Size Modeling, Body Image, and Never Reading Comments". elle.com. Hearst Communications, Inc. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- Adams, Rebecca (3 December 2013). "'Plus-Size' Model Leah Kelley: We Need More Size 8 Models". www.huffingtonpost.com. Huffington Post. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Robyn Lawley's Nutella Souffle". abcnews.go.com. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- "Robyn Lawley's Spicy Sunset Fettucine". au.tv.yahoo.com. 17 January 2013. Retrieved 18 January 2013.
- Lawley, Robyn (26 September 2012). "Ralph Lauren Plus-Size Model Robyn Lawley: I'm Proud of My Body". www.thedailybeast.com/. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Lawley, Robyn (28 October 2013). "Robyn Lawley: Why The Dangerous "Thigh Gap" Trend Makes Me Mad". thedailybeast.com. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- Natasa Colo (8 August 2011). "Socials Goss: Cosmopolitan Magazine's Fun, Fearless Female Awards". nine-to-five.whereilive.com.au. Nine to Five. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "The Sydney Magazines 100 Most Influential Sydneysiders". www.pedestrian.tv. 12 September 2011.
- "FFFWEEK® 2013 AWARDS". The Official Full Figured Fashion Week 2013.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Robyn Lawley.|