Roc City Roller Derby
|Metro area||Rochester, NY|
|Teams||Roc Stars (A team)|
B-Sides (B team)
|Venue||The Dome Center|
|Org. type||501c(3) nonprofit corporation|
Roc City Roller Derby (RCRD) is a roller derby league based in Rochester, New York. Founded in 2008, it has three league or home teams, and two travel teams which compete against teams from other leagues. The league primarily plays at The Dome Center, with occasional games at Rochester Institute of Technology and at local roller rinks. In January 2013 it was announced that the league would begin playing at the Sports Centre at MCC starting in April 2013.
The league was founded in February 2008 by a group of women including Kate Atronic, known as "Resident Eva", who had previously skated with the Queen City Roller Girls, and held its first bout in May 2009.
Roc City was accepted into the Women's Flat Track Derby Association Apprentice Program in January 2011, and became a full member of the WFTDA in September. By the end of the year, it was already 17th in the East Region.
- "ROC City Roller Derby Moves Home to the Sports Centre at Monroe Community College" (Press release). The Sports Centre at MCC. 2013-01-15. Retrieved 2013-02-13.
- James Hawver, "Roc City braces for next big hit", Rochester Democrat and Chronicle, August 2, 2008
- "Roc City Roller Derby's Inaugural Brawl", Rochester City Newspaper
- "WFTDA Accepts 12 Additional Apprentice Leagues Archived 2011-11-07 at the Wayback Machine", WFTDA, 13 January 2011
- "WFTDA Welcomes 7 New Members Archived 2014-05-17 at the Wayback Machine", WFTDA, 1 September 2011
- "Current Rankings", WFTDA
|This article related to sports in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to sports in New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|