Rochester Adams High School
|Rochester Adams High School|
3200 West Tienken Road
|School type||Public high school|
|School district||Rochester Community Schools|
|Student to teacher ratio||20.6:1|
|Color(s)|| Brown and|
|Athletics||Oakland Activities Association, MHSAA|
|Rivals||Lake Orion Dragons |
Stoney Creek Cougars
|Athletic Director||Jason Rapp|
|Website||Rochester Adams High School|
Rochester Adams High School (also known as Adams High School, Adams, or AHS) is a public high school located in Rochester Hills, Michigan, and is part of the Rochester Community Schools district. The majority of students reside within Rochester Hills and Oakland Township, with some coming from Orion Township, Rochester, and Auburn Hills. It shares the city's vicinity with Rochester High School and Stoney Creek High School. Adams consistently ranks as a top high school in Michigan and in 2014 U.S. News & World Report awarded Rochester Adams a Best High Schools gold medal.
As of the 2014-15 school year, the school had an enrollment of 1,567 students and 76.0 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 20.6:1. There were 56 students (3.6% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 13 (0.8% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Entertainers and musicians
- Tommy Clufetos (born 1979), drummer for Black Sabbath Ozzy Osbourne, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper and Ted Nugent
- Joe Henry (born 1960), singer/songwriter/record producer
- Robert Hurst (born 1964), jazz musician
- Jamison Jones, actor
- Jana Kramer (born 1983), actress/singer
- Madonna (born 1958), entertainer/singer/actress/producer
- Karen Moncrieff (born 1963), actress/director
- Christopher Yost (born 1973, class of 1991), screenwriter
- Michelle Berube (born 1966), USA Olympian at the 1984 and 1988 Olympics.
- Amy Frazier (born 1972), professional female tennis player
- Shawn Hare (born 1967), former professional baseball player 
- J.P. Reese (born 1980), professional MMA fighter
- Mary Jo Sanders (born 1974, class of 1992), professional female boxer
- Jacob Trouba (born 1994), defenseman for the Winnipeg Jets
- Alex Vanderkaay (born 1986), NCAA swimming champion in the 400-yard individual medley
- Peter Vanderkaay (born 1984), Olympic Gold Medalist swimmer
- Mike Bishop (born 1967), U.S. Representative from Michigan's 8th congressional district
- George D. Zamka (born 1962, class of 1980), NASA astronaut
- David Shaw (American football) (Born 1972), American football coach for the Stanford Cardinal football team
Adams has various boys and girls sports in the fall, winter, and spring seasons.
Track & Field
Track & Field
- School data for Rochester Adams High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- (PDF) https://www.mhsaa.com/portals/0/documents/AD%20Forms/1920enroll.pdf. Missing or empty
- "Rochester Adams High School Overview". Retrieved 23 August 2012.
- Graff, Gary. "Rochester alum realizes a dream with Ozzy tour", The Oakland Press, February 10, 2011. Accessed September 12, 2017. "Tommy Clufetos is no stranger to working with big names.The Detroit-born drummer, a Rochester Adams High School alumnus, already lists Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent, Rob Zombie and Mitch Ryder on his résumé."
- Graff, Gary. "Joe Henry stays busy with several projects", The Oakland Press, March 9, 2010. Accessed September 12, 2017. " Joe Henry hasn't been one to stand still during his musical career -- as an artist himself or as a producer for others. That's certainly the case as the Rochester Adams grad tours to support his 11th album, 2009's Blood From Stars,"
- Hinds, Julie. "DWTS star Jana Kramer shares important message, Michigan love", Detroit Free Press, October 23, 2016. Accessed September 12, 2017. "A Rochester Adams High School alumna, Kramer left home soon after graduating in 2002 to pursue acting in Los Angeles and landed a part on the CW's One Tree Hill."
- Steinberg, Stephanie. "Buy Madonna's childhood home in Rochester Hills for $479,000", The Detroit News, June 23, 2017. Accessed September 12, 2017. "Madonna was born in Bay City in 1958. Her family later moved to Pontiac and Rochester Hills, where she attended Rochester Adams High School."
- Krug, Kurt Anthony. "Comic writer Bill Messner-Loebs has fond memories of Thor", The Macomb Daily, November 9, 2013. Accessed September 12, 2017. "Dark World – the movie version of Marvel’s Thor – is co-written by 1991 Rochester Adams High School alumnus Christopher Yost."
- "Gymnast Berube finally onstage", Detroit Free Press, August 9, 1984. Accessed September 12, 2017. "To Berube who will return next month to Rochester Adams High School after a year's absence all the competitors who make it to Los Angeles are winners."
- Wimbledon - June 25, 2004 - Amy Frazier, ASAP Sports, June 25, 2004. Accessed September 12, 2017. "Q. Where did you go to high school? AMY FRAZIER: Rochester Adams"
- "Shawn Hare Stats".
- Goodwin, Marvin. "Rochester Adams grad gets big chance on Las Vegas MMA card", The Oakland Press, November 17, 2011. Accessed September 12, 2017. "Those around Oakland County may recall Reese, a two-time all-state wrestler in high school during the late 1990s and a member of the Rochester Adams 1998 state championship wrestling team."
- Mary Jo Sanders, Women Boxing Archive Netwrk. Accessed September 12, 2017. "A gifted high school athlete, Sanders was a member of a state championship girls basketball team. She also ran track, competed in gymnastics and took ballet. graduating from Rochester Adams High School in 1992, Sanders attended Oakland University and Baker College."
- Jacob Trouba, USA Hockey. Accessed September 12, 2017. "Played varsity baseball at Rochester Adams (Mich.) High School"
- Goodwin, Marvin. "LOCAL SWIMMING: Vanderkaay brothers to host Fitter and Faster Tour", The Oakland Press, September 30, 2009. Accessed September 12, 2017. "Peter and Alex Vanderkaay are one-half of the Vanderkaay brood, which includes Christian, 27, and Dane, 19, who competes for the University of Michigan team, just as his brothers did.... All are Rochester Adams High School graduates, and all swam with the Oakland Live Y'ers swim club while growing up in Rochester Hills."
- About, Mike Bishop. Accessed September 12, 2017. "He is a graduate of Rochester Adams High School and is raising his three kids with his wife, Cristina, in Rochester, Michigan."
- Astronaut Bio: George D. Zamka, NASA. Accessed September 12, 2017. "Graduated from Rochester Adams High School, Rochester Hills, Michigan, in 1980."
- "Shaw played high school football at Rochester Adams High School in Rochester Hills, Michigan while his father coached for the Detroit Lions"
- Michigan High School Athletic Association