Russell 1000 Component
|Industry||Energy and Utilities|
|Predecessor||Energy East and Iberdrola USA|
|Headquarters||Orange, Connecticut, United States|
|New York, New England|
|Services||hydroelectric generation, electric transmission and distribution, natural gas distribution, propane/air distribution, energy services|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Avangrid Renewables, Berkshire Gas, Central Maine Power, Connecticut Natural Gas (CNG), Maine Natural Gas, New York State Electric & Gas (NYSEG), Rochester Gas and Electric Corporation (RG&E), Southern Connecticut Gas (SCG), and United Illuminating (UI)|
AVANGRID (formerly Energy East and Iberdrola USA), is an energy services and delivery company. AVANGRID serves about 3.1 million customers throughout upstate New York and New England in the United States.
In November 2010, Iberdrola USA sold its gas distribution companies in Connecticut and Massachusetts, the Southern Connecticut Gas Company, Connecticut Natural Gas Corporation, and the Berkshire Gas Company, to UIL Holdings Corporation.
In February 2015, Iberdrola USA announced that it had entered into a merger agreement with UIL Holdings Corporation under which UIL Holdings Corporation would merge into a subsidiary of Iberdrola USA, Inc. In December 2015, "Iberdrola USA finalized its acquisition of UIL Holdings ... to create a new company, AVANGRID, which will be listed on the New York Stock Exchange as AGR."
Avangrid won an auction for an offshore wind area near North Carolina by bidding $9 million in March 2017.
- Avangrid Renewables
- Berkshire Gas Company
- Central Maine Power
- Connecticut Natural Gas (CNG)
- New York State Electric & Gas (NYSEG)
- Rochester Gas and Electric (RG&E)
- Maine Natural Gas (MNP)
- Southern Connecticut Gas (SCG)
- The United Illuminating Company (UI)
- "AVANGRID | About Us". www.avangrid.com. Retrieved 2016-08-18.
- Adams, Thomas (2009-12-07). "Energy East becomes Iberdrola USA". Rochester Business Journal. Rochester, New York. Retrieved 2009-12-07.
- Direct Energy acquires Iberdrola USA subsidiaries for £71m
- "North Carolina Activities". Bureau of Ocean Energy Management. Retrieved 18 March 2017.
|This article about a United States company or corporation involved in the energy industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|