Rochester Midland Corporation
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Predecessor||Rochester Germicide Company|
|Founded||Rochester, New York, United States (1888 )|
|Founder||Daniel N. Calkins and Clarence P. Crowell|
|Headquarters||Ogden, New York, United States|
|USA, Canada, Latin America, UK plus 50 additional countries|
|Harlan D. Calkins, Chairman
H. Bradley Calkins Co-CEO
Katherine C. Lindahl Co-CEO
|Products||Cleaning products and water treatment for health care, educational facilities, building service contractors, retail operations, food & beverage manufacturing, and restoration cleaning|
|Divisions||Water Energy Division
Food Safety Division
Facility Supplies Division
Rochester Midland Corporation is a closely-held specialty chemical manufacturing company headquartered in Ogden, New York. With sales and operations in nearly seventy countries, production facilities in Ogden, New York, Aurora, Illinois and Oakville, Ontario, Family owned since 1888, Rochester Midland Corp (RMC) is a leading global provider of sustainable commercial cleaning, sanitation and hygiene solutions for facility maintenance, restroom care, water treatment, food sanitation and industrial end markets. Rochester Midland is recognized as the leaders in Green Housekeeping technology—co-recipients of the White House Closing the Circle awards and manufacturers of the first Green Seal-certified janitorial cleaning product line in the world. With manufacturing sites in North America and strategically positioned[peacock term] distribution centers, the range of the RMC product portfolio provides, superior[peacock term] cleaning and maintenance solutions to a broad customer base—sold in over 70 countries—including education, healthcare, manufacturers, food processors and preparers, municipalities, government organizations, and building services contractors.
Founded as Rochester Germicide in 1888, Rochester Midland Corporation is one of only four companies still in business in Rochester since 1900.
- "Burke: Midland, Seneca Foods quietly get things done". Democrat and Chronicle. Rochester, New York. 2014-03-30. ISSN 1088-5153. Retrieved 2014-08-31.
- "Company Overview of Rochester Midland Corporation". http://www.businessweek.com. New York: Bloomberg L.P. ISSN 0007-7135. Retrieved 2014-08-31. External link in
- "Ashland Inc. to transfer a portion of its North American middle market commercial assets within its Water Technologies business to Rochester Midland Corporation". Reuters. London, United Kingdom. 2012-04-20. Retrieved 2014-08-31.
- "Rochester Midland dedicates new facility in Ogden". Westside News. Spencerport, New York. 2012-08-12. Retrieved 2014-08-31.
- "Session 5: Public/Private Partnerships". http://www.epa.gov. Washington, D.C.: United States Environmental Protection Agency. 1997. Retrieved 2014-08-31. External link in
- "DOI/JWOD Green Cleaning Partnership Received 2003 Closing the Circle Award". http://www.doi.gov. Washington, D.C.: United States Department of the Interior. Retrieved 2014-08-31. External link in
- "Chemical company buys facility, plans $13 million project". Rochester Business Journal. Rochester, New York. 2010-01-22. ISSN 0896-3274. Retrieved 2014-08-31.