Rochester Township, Fulton County, Indiana
Don Smiley Round Barn, west of Rochester
Location of Rochester Township in Fulton County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||83.95 sq mi (217.4 km2)|
|• Land||82.57 sq mi (213.9 km2)|
|• Water||1.38 sq mi (3.6 km2)|
|Elevation||774 ft (236 m)|
|• Density||123.3/sq mi (47.6/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||453807|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 83.95 square miles (217.4 km2), of which 82.57 square miles (213.9 km2) (or 98.36%) is land and 1.38 square miles (3.6 km2) (or 1.64%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Rochester (the county seat)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Richland Township (north)
- Newcastle Township (northeast)
- Henry Township (east)
- Allen Township, Miami County (southeast)
- Liberty Township (south)
- Wayne Township (southwest)
- Union Township (west)
- Aubbeenaubbee Township (northwest)
The township contains five cemeteries: Antioch, Citizens, Independent Order of Odd Fellows, Mount Zion and Old Shelton.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.