Rock, Rock, Rock! (soundtrack)
|Rock, Rock, Rock!|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Rock and roll|
|Label||Chess LP 1425|
|Producer||Leonard Chess, Phil Chess|
|Chuck Berry chronology|
Rock, Rock, Rock! is a soundtrack album for the motion picture of the same name and was the very first LP ever released by Chess Records labeled LP 1425 and Chuck Berry's first appearance on a Long Player. Only four songs on this album ("Over and Over Again," "I Knew From the Start," "You Can't Catch Me"," and "Would I Be Crying") actually appear in the film. Eight additional songs by Chuck Berry, The Moonglows and The Flamingos make up the balance of the songs. Other artists who appeared in the film were not on the album.
- "I Knew from the Start" - The Moonglows
- "Would I Be Crying" - The Flamingos
- "Maybellene" - Chuck Berry
- "Sincerely" - The Moonglows
- "Thirty Days" - Chuck Berry
- "The Vow" - The Flamingos
- "You Can't Catch Me" - Chuck Berry
- "Over and Over Again" - The Moonglows
- "Roll Over Beethoven" - Chuck Berry
- "I'll Be Home" - The Flamingos
- "See Saw" - The Moonglows
- "A Kiss from Your Lips" - The Flamingos
This record was originally released as a promotional item to a handful of radio stations, with a different cover and eight additional songs.
50th Anniversary expanded Bonus Tracks
- "I'm Not a Juvenile Delinquent" - Frankie Lymon & the Teenagers
- "Rock & Roll Boogie" - Alan Freed & His Rock 'n Roll Orchestra
- "Lonesome Train (On a Lonesome Track)" - Johnny Burnette and the Rock and Roll Trio
- Rudolph, Dietmar. "A Collector's Guide to the Music of Chuck Berry: The Chess Era (1955-1966)". Retrieved 2009-09-03.
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Review of Rock, Rock, Rock". allmusic. Retrieved 2009-09-03.