Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Covers EP
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Covers EP|
|EP by Red Hot Chili Peppers|
|Released||May 1, 2012|
|Red Hot Chili Peppers chronology|
Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Covers EP is EP compilation by American rock band Red Hot Chili Peppers, released in 2012 through iTunes as a digital-only download. The band first announced the EP through their website on April 19, 2012 with the title We Salute You, although it was changed on the date of the release. The EP consists of six cover songs, live and in the studio, of previous Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees all who influenced the band. The EP was released to commemorate the band's own induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012. All six songs have been previously featured on other releases by the band. Four of the six tracks had never been released digitally before.
“Teenager in Love” was released as one of the B-Sides on the By the Way single, "Search and Destroy" first appeared as a B-Side on the "Give It Away" and "Under the Bridge" singles, “I Get Around” was performed during Brian Wilson’s 2005 MusiCares tribute and only a DVD performance has been released, “Suffragette City” was previously only available as a B-side to the band’s 1996 single “Aeroplane”, “Everybody Knows This Is Nowhere” was recorded live during Red Hot Chili Peppers’ 2011–2012 world tour supporting their album I'm with You and first released through the band's website on one of their official bootlegs, and "Havana Affair" first appeared on We're a Happy Family: A Tribute to Ramones. It was also available digitally as the iTunes bonus track for Stadium Arcadium upon its 2007 rerelease, but was quickly removed for unknown reasons. This release means it is available digitally once again.
|1.||"A Teenager in Love"||Doc Pomus, Mort Shuman||Dion and the Belmonts||3:00|
|2.||"Havana Affair"||Dee Dee Ramone, Johnny Ramone||The Ramones||2:19|
|3.||"Search and Destroy"||Iggy Pop, James Williamson||The Stooges||3:32|
|4.||"Everybody Knows This is Nowhere" (live)||Neil Young||Neil Young||2:17|
|5.||"I Get Around" (live)||Brian Wilson, Mike Love||The Beach Boys||2:19|
|6.||"Suffragette City" (live)||David Bowie||David Bowie||3:42|
Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Anthony Kiedis – lead vocals
- Josh Klinghoffer – guitar, backing vocals (4)
- Flea – bass, backing vocals
- Chad Smith – drums, percussion
- John Frusciante – guitar, backing vocals (1-3, 5), production (1)
- Dave Navarro – guitar (6)
- "iTunes – Music – Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Covers – EP by Red Hot Chili Peppers". Itunes.apple.com. 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- "Hall Of Fame Covers EP – RHCP News". Redhotchilipeppers.com. Archived from the original on 2012-04-22. Retrieved 2013-05-13.
- Hermes, Will (22 May 2012). "Red Hot Chili Peppers Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Covers EP". Rolling Stone. Rolling Stone. Retrieved 28 May 2012.