Rock & Ice
Rock & Ice is a magazine published by Big Stone Publishing focusing on rock and ice climbing. The magazine got its start in early 1984 and the first issue was in late 1985. The first publisher was Neal Kaptain, and it was bought out within the first year by George Bracksieck, who remained editor until 1997. His company, North-South Publications, sold it to Primedia, a company led by Dougald MacDonald and others. The magazine is published eight times a year. It was headquartered in Boulder, Colorado until 2002 when it moved to Carbondale, Colorado.
- "About Us". Rock and Ice. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- Alison Osius. "Roots". Rock & Ice. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- Christian Beckwith (8 January 2007). "Newswire: Urban Climber Magazine buys Climbing". Alpinist. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- Mick Ryan (May 2002). "Rock & Ice magazine sold, Climbing magazine's future unclear". UKC News. Retrieved 16 December 2015.
- Eric Horst (4 December 2012). Learning to Climb Indoors. Rowman & Littlefield. p. 187. ISBN 978-0-7627-9274-0. Retrieved 21 March 2016.
|This climbing-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This sports magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.