Rock Creek Township, Hancock County, Illinois
|Rock Creek Township|
Location in Hancock County
Hancock County's location in Illinois
|Established||April 27, 1855|
|• Total||35.97 sq mi (93.2 km2)|
|• Land||35.97 sq mi (93.2 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||696 ft (212 m)|
|• Density||9.7/sq mi (3.7/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62318, 62321, 62336, 62341, 62358|
|GNIS feature ID||0429654|
Rock Creek Township is one of twenty-five townships in Hancock County, Illinois, United States. As of the 2010 census, its population was 350 and it contained 169 housing units. It was formed from Sonora and Pilot Grove townships on April 27, 1855.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.97 square miles (93.2 km2), all land.
Cities, towns, villages
- Ferris (vast majority)
- Adrian at
- Carlisle – three houses, population 9–13, comprising headquarters of Carlisle Livestock and Grain Belpine Corporation.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Rock Creek Cemetery.
Many of the old gravestones are no longer legible. A large stone designating Rock Creek Cemetery has the names of descendants on its back.
- Hamilton Community Consolidated School District 328
- Nauvoo-Colusa Community Unit School District 325
- Illinois's 17th congressional district
- State House District 94
- State Senate District 47
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Rock Creek Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-09-20.
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Appanoose Township||Dallas City Township
|Sonora Township||Pilot Grove Township|
|Montebello Township||Prairie Township||Carthage Township|