Rock Creek Township, Huntington County, Indiana
|Rock Creek Township|
Countryside in Rock Creek Township
Location in Huntington County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||36.84 sq mi (95.4 km2)|
|• Land||36.41 sq mi (94.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.43 sq mi (1.1 km2) 1.17%|
|Elevation||823 ft (251 m)|
|• Density||37.1/sq mi (14.3/km2)|
|GNIS feature ID||0453810|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 36.84 square miles (95.4 km2), of which 36.41 square miles (94.3 km2) (or 98.83%) is land and 0.43 square miles (1.1 km2) (or 1.17%) is water.
Cities and towns
- Markle (southwest half)
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Union Township (north)
- Union Township, Wells County (northeast)
- Rockcreek Township, Wells County (east)
- Liberty Township, Wells County (southeast)
- Salamonie Township (south)
- Jefferson Township (southwest)
- Lancaster Township (west)
- Huntington Township (northwest)
The township contains three cemeteries: Barnes, Star of Hope and Yankeetown.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- Bash, Frank Sumner (1914). History of Huntington County, Indiana: A Narrative Account of Its Historical Progress, Its People, and Its Principal Interests. The Lewis Publishing Company. p. 113.
- History of Huntington County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Brant & Fuller. 1887. p. 747.