Rock Hill Galleria
|Location||Rock Hill, South Carolina|
|Address||2301 Dave Lyle Boulevard|
|Opening date||May 1991|
|Developer||Zamias Services, Inc.|
|No. of stores and services||62|
|No. of anchor tenants||6|
|Total retail floor area||692,367 square feet|
|No. of floors||1|
Rock Hill Galleria is an enclosed regional shopping mall for York, Chester, and Lancaster Counties. It is located in Rock Hill, South Carolina. Opened in 1991, the mall features six anchors (JCPenney, Sears, Belk, Walmart, Home South, and Revolutions) and around 70 specialty shops. The mall is currently managed by Cypress Equities.
The mall opened for business on May 16, 1991. Zamias Services, Inc. developed the property. Three of the anchor stores (Belk, J.C. Penney and Sears) moved from an existing mall called Rock Hill Mall, which closed in the early 1990s and later demolised in 2008, after losing those stores; the other anchors at the Galleria included Phar-Mor and Walmart. The former closed after only one year in business, and was replaced with a Brendle's catalog showroom in October 1995, but the store closed after only six months in business following the chain's filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
The Phar-Mor/Brendle's space remained vacant until 2004, when it was replaced by Steve & Barry's. Goody's was added as an anchor in 1998, having been delayed from an initial opening date of November 1997. These stores closed in 2008 and 2009, respectively, following the respective bankruptcy of each chain. In 2013, the Belk store was renovated, while the J. C. Penney store was doubled in size.
- "Mall information" (PDF). Rock Hill Galleria. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- "CEREMONIES TO UNVEIL SHINY NEW SHOPPING MALL ROCK HILL GALLERIA OPENS THIS MORNING". The Charlotte Observer. May 16, 1991. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- Handal, Chris (July 22, 1989). "Zamias reveals some of his plans for mall". The Rock Hill Herald. pp. 1A, 6A. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- Harris, David; Becky Hull (November 25, 1996). "Faison eyes Rock Hill mall deal". Charlotte Business Journal. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- White, Sally (August 8, 1991). "It's official: J.C. Penney opens Ribbon-cutting launches Galleria's 4th anchor". Rock Hill Herald. p. 6B. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- Wilcox, Geoffrey (September 22, 1992). "Phar-Mor closing affects 53 workers". Rock Hill Herald. p. 5B. Retrieved 5 July 2011.
- Elkins, Ken (September 12, 1995). "Brendle's coming to Galleria". Rock Hill Herald. p. 1A. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- Elkins, Ken (April 18, 1996). "Brendle's Revisits Chapter 11". Rock Hill Herald. p. 1A. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- "Discount clothing store opens today in Galleria: Steve & Barry's brings college logo wear to anchor location". Rock Hill Herald. May 21, 2004. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- Milstead, David (September 23, 1997). "Goody's delays Galleria opening". Rock Hill Herald. p. 6B. Retrieved July 5, 2011.
- Worthington, Don (24 January 2013). "$6 million Belk expansion under way at Rock Hill Galleria". The Herald. Retrieved 13 October 2013.