Rock Steady Crew
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rock Steady Crew is an American breaking and hip hop group which has become a franchise name for multiple groups in other locations. The group's 1983 international hit song "(Hey You) The Rock Steady Crew" (from the group's first studio album Ready For Battle) peaked at No. 6 in the UK Singles Chart, and reached the Top 10 in many European countries. Members of Rock Steady Crew featured in the films Flashdance and Beat Street, which ignited international interest in the b-boy subculture.
The group was initially formed in The Bronx, New York City in 1977 by b-boys Jimmy Dee and Jimmy Lee. The Manhattan branch was created by Crazy Legs and B-Boy Fresh. The New York Times called the Rock Steady Crew "the foremost breakdancing group in the world today."[failed verification]
- Frosty Freeze
- Mix Master Mike
- Ken Swift
- Daisy Castro (aka Baby Love (B-girl) - Lead Vocals "(Hey You) The Rock Steady Crew"
- 1983 - "(Hey You) The Rock Steady Crew"
- 1983 - "Ready For Battle"
- 1984 - "Up Rock"
- 1984 - "She's Fresh"
- 2000 - "Used To Wish I Could Break With Rock Steady"
Appearances in feature films
- Wild Style (1982)
- Style Wars (1983)
- Flashdance (1983)
- Beat Street (1984)
- Moonwalker (1988)
- Streets Is Watching (1998)
- "The Official Charts Company - Rocksteady Crew - (Hey You) The Rocksteady Crew". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2020-03-19.
- George, Cassidy (26 November 2018). "Exploring the birth of the b-boy in 70s New York". i-D. Retrieved 12 February 2020.
- Rock, Doc. "The Dead Rock Stars Club". Thedeadrockstarsclub.com. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- The Freshest Kids: A History of the B-Boy (DVD), Image Entertainment, 2002.
- Hip-Hop (Korean Comic) (Manhwa), IQ Jump Comics, 1998-2004.