Rock Steady Crew
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Rock Steady Crew is an American breaking and hip hop group which has become a franchise name for multiple groups in other locations. The group's 1983 international hit song "(Hey You) The Rock Steady Crew" (from the group's first studio album Ready For Battle) peaked at No. 6 on its fourth week on the UK Singles Chart, and it reached the Top 10 in many European countries.
The group was initially formed in The Bronx, New York City in 1977 by b-boys Jimmy Dee and Jimmy Lee. The Manhattan branch was created by Crazy Legs and B-Boy Fresh. The New York Times called the Rock Steady Crew "the foremost breakdancing group in the world today."
- 1984 - Ready For Battle
- 2007 - 30 Years to the Day
- 1983 - "(Hey You) The Rock Steady Crew"
- 1983 - "Ready For Battle"
- 1984 - "Up Rock" (No. 9 Australia)
- 1984 - "She's Fresh"
- 2000 - "Used To Wish I Could Break With Rock Steady"
Appearances in feature films
- Wild Style (1982)
- Style Wars (1983)
- Flashdance (1983)
- Beat Street (1984)
- Moonwalker (1988)
- Streets Is Watching (1998)
- "Chart Stats - Rocksteady Crew - (Hey You) The Rocksteady Crew". Chartstats.com. Retrieved 2009-03-05.
- Rock, Doc. "The Dead Rock Stars Club". Thedeadrockstarsclub.com. Retrieved 18 November 2017.
- Kent, David (1993). Australian Chart Book 1970–1992. St Ives, NSW: Australian Chart Book. ISBN 0-646-11917-6.
- The Freshest Kids: A History of the B-Boy (DVD), Image Entertainment, 2002.
- Hip-Hop (Korean Comic) (Manhwa), IQ JUMP COMICS, 1998-2004.