Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
|"Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution"|
|Single by AC/DC|
|from the album Back in Black|
|Released||March 15, 1981|
|Genre||Hard rock, blues rock|
|Songwriter(s)||Angus Young, Malcolm Young and Brian Johnson|
|Producer(s)||Robert John "Mutt" Lange|
|AC/DC singles chronology|
"Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" is a song by the rock band AC/DC. It is the tenth and final track of the album released in 1980 Back in Black. It is the fourth and final single released of the album. The song reached number 15 on the UK singles charts, the highest placing of any song on the album.
The band started working on the album just three days after Bon Scott's funeral. Scott had served as the band's lead singer from late 1974 to 1980. Malcolm Young later explained that "I thought, 'Well, fuck this, I'm not gonna sit around mopin' all fucking year.' So I just rang Angus and said, 'Do you wanna come back and rehearse?'" AC/DC recorded the album with Brian Johnson, who officially joined the band on April 8, 1980. Angus Young said, "We knew if Bon liked him, he must be good, because Bon didn't like many people."
During the intro, Brian Johnson lights a cigarette and takes a pull from it.
The song appears on the 2003 tribute album by various artists to the band Back in Baroque: The String Tribute to AC / DC, it was also covered in 2004 by death metal band Six Feet Under in the album Graveyard Classics 2. Alex Gibson also covered the song in 2008 from the album Rockabye Baby!: Lullaby Renditions of AC/DC. The song was featured in a commercial for Nike in 2006, as well as one for Applebee's in 2016.
- "Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution" – 4:12
- "Hells Bells" – 5:10
|Chart (1980)||Peak |
|Irish Singles Chart||15|
|UK Singles Chart||15|
- Brian Johnson – lead vocals
- Angus Young – lead guitar
- Malcolm Young – rhythm guitar, background vocals
- Cliff Williams – bass guitar, background vocals
- Phil Rudd – drums
- "Nike Commercial". Youtube. Retrieved 2010-05-10.
- "Applebee's Wood Fired Grill TV Spot, 'Trained Meat Cutters' Song by AC/DC". iSpot.tv. Retrieved 2016-06-09.
- "The Irish Charts". irishcharts.ie. Retrieved 2010-02-28.
- "Rock 'N' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution". chartstats.com. Retrieved 2010-02-28.