Rock of Love Bus with Bret Michaels
|Rock of Love Bus with Bret Michaels|
The Cast of Rock of Love Bus
|Created by||Cris Abrego|
|Directed by||Matt Bordofsky|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Executive producer(s)||Cris Abrego|
|Running time||90 minutes (Premiere)|
|Production company(s)||51 Minds Entertainment|
|Original release||January 4 – April 19, 2009|
|Preceded by||Rock of Love 2|
|Followed by||Charm School with Ricki Lake|
I Love Money 4
Rock of Love Bus with Bret Michaels is the third season of Rock of Love with Bret Michaels and was confirmed by VH1's website in a blog on July 16, 2008. In the show, eligible women live on tour buses and travel with Bret Michaels, competing for his attention and affection. The show premiered on January 4, 2009. On December 29, 2008 it was announced Rock of Love Bus would be the final Rock of Love. Ultimately, Bret Michaels selected Taya Parker to be his "Rock of Love."
- 1 Production and legal problems
- 2 Contestants
- 3 Elimination Order
- 4 Episodes
- 5 After the show
- 6 References
- 7 External links
Production and legal problems
On September 28, 2008 a truck driven by a roadie hauling equipment for Rock of Love Bus caused an accident when the driver fell asleep at the wheel. The truck crossed over the median and into oncoming traffic on Interstate 57 near West Frankfort, Illinois. The truck hit a pickup truck and a sports-utility vehicle. The two 19-year-old college students in the sports-utility vehicle were killed, and the two individuals in the pickup truck were seriously injured. The driver was charged with driving with a suspended license and moving violations. No other Rock of Love employees or crew were involved. According to a statement by VH1, Michaels asked that production be temporarily suspended.
|Mindy Hall||Episode 12|
|Jamie Ross||Episode 11|
|Beverly Palmer||Episode 10|
|Ashley Klarich||Episode 9[a]|
|Brittanya O'Campo||Episode 9|
|Farrah Sinclair||Episode 8|
|Kelsey Lee||Episode 7|
|Jennifer "Jenny" Beitzel||Episode 6|
|Natasha McCollum||Episode 5|
|Marcia "Brazil" Alves||Episode 4|
|Maria Bock||Episode 4[m]|
|Brittaney Starr||Episode 3|
|Melissa Martinez||Episode 3|
|Constandina Savvenas||Episode 2|
|Megan Tomczak||Episode 2|
|Samantha Bengston||Episode 2|
|Nikki Shamdasani||Episode 1|
|Gia Lynn||Episode 1|
|Stephanie Farris||Episode 1|
|Heather Mariscal||Episode 1|
|Marciela "Marci" Mendoza||Episode 1|
- Contestants in bold indicates that they received V.I.P. Access/Passes.
- The contestant won the competition.
- The contestant won a solo date with Bret.
- The contestant won a group date with Bret.
- The contestant was eliminated.
- The contestant was going to receive a pass, but was eliminated.
- The contestant won a date with Bret, but was eliminated.
- The contestant won a date with Bret, but was eliminated before the elimination ceremony began.
- The contestant voluntarily withdrew from the competition.
- The contestant was added by Bret in Episode 5.
- In Episode 1, Bret did not have a call-out order . Names are listed in alphabetical order since he called out the bottom seven first while the rest of the girls got on the bus for the next stop.
- ^[m] In Episode 4, Maria was forced to withdraw from the competition for medical reasons.
- In Episode 5, upon announcing the new girls are safe, Bret said "Detroit" (Jenny), "Spo-Kami" (Kami), and "Brooklyn" (Jamie) were all safe.
- In Episodes 5-6, even though the voiceover listed her name as "Jennifer" she was known as "Jenny" to the cast and Bret.
- ^[k] In Episode 7, Kami decided she wasn't ready for Bret's lifestyle and left the tour. Names are listed in alphabetical order since Kelsey was called down first and was eliminated.
- ^[a] In Episode 9, Bret had Ashley's pass in his hand ready to give to her, but first asked her where she stood with her ex. After Ashley hesitates, Bret decided to end her tour.
- In Episode 11, all of the girls went on a date with Bret.
Hustle on the Bustle
First aired January 4, 2009 (2.1M viewers)
Michaels takes the show on the road. As he tours, a second bus brings along the women vying for his attention. The contest is specifically engineered to reflect the challenges of life on the road.
- City: Louisville, Kentucky
- Bottom 7: Brittaney, Gia, Heather, Marcia, Marci, Nikki, Stephanie
- Eliminated: Gia, Heather, Marci, Nikki, Stephanie
- Gia: Gia was too crazy and Bret didn't think there was much else besides a party girl there.
- Heather: Bret thought life on the road would be too crazy for her.
- Marci: Marci had not spoken to Bret at all.
- Nikki: Nikki had taken a shot out of Gia's genitals as well as several other raunchy antics.
- Stephanie: Stephanie had not spoken to Bret at all.
Fifteen Weddings and Three Funerals
First aired January 11, 2009
After all 15 recite their wedding vows, three girls must stay behind.
- City: Greenfield, Indiana
- Challenge: Wedding Vows
- Challenge Winners: Brittanya, Taya, Farrah
- Bottom 6: Brittaney, Constandina, Marcia, Megan, Melissa, Samantha
- Eliminated: Constandina, Megan, Samantha
- Constandina: Constandina had previously told Bret that she had taken a religious vow of abstinence and would not have "all the way sex" for years.
- Megan: Megan gave Bret stuffed animals during the challenge, which didn't appeal to him.
- Samantha: She was very nervous and stumbled her words during the wedding vow challenge. It was also hinted that she wasn't confident or noticeable enough.
It's Babes on Ice
First aired January 18, 2009
There's a chill in the air as the 12 remaining contestants vie on ice against University of Illinois Women's Hockey [Club] and special guest player, Lacey. Tempers catch fire when one of the contestants is accused of secretly calling a boyfriend.
- City: Danville, Illinois
- Guest: Lacey Conner
- Challenge: Baby Hockey
- Challenge Winners: Beverly, Brittaney, Maria, Melissa
- Bottom 3: Beverly, Brittaney, Marcia
- Eliminated: Brittaney, Melissa
- Brittaney: Bret felt that she was too needy and emotional for him to handle.
- Melissa: Melissa had disrespected Bret by calling her boyfriend and saying bad things about him. She later denied even having a cell phone on her.
First aired January 25, 2009
The ten remaining girls play roadie, racing to clear the stage. Winners get better seats at Michaels' concert.
- City: Chicago, Illinois
- Challenge: Roadie Challenge
- Challenge Winners: Ashley, Brittanya, Beverly, Natasha
- Bottom 3: Beverly, Marcia, Mindy
- Withdrew: Maria
- Eliminated: Marcia
- Maria: Maria had a medical condition and had to be rushed to the hospital between episodes.
- Marcia: Bret didn't have much of a connection with her and felt she was only there to party. Marcia also gave away a gift during the concert that Bret had given her.
Eight Is Not Enough
First aired February 8, 2009
The eight left become eleven when Michaels brings in new blood to amp the competition.
- City: St. Louis, Missouri
- New Girls: Jamie, Jenny, Kami
- Challenge: Makeovers
- Challenge Winners: Farrah, Natasha, Mindy
- Bottom 2: Brittanya, Natasha
- Eliminated: Natasha
- Natasha: Bret claimed that they never got beyond the friendship line.
Mud Bowl III
First aired February 15, 2009
- City: Nashville, Tennessee
- Challenge: Mud Bowl
- Pink Bus - Fallen Angels: Ashley, Farrah, Kelsey, Jamie, Jenny
- Blue Bus - Sweethearts: Brittanya, Beverly, Kami, Mindy, Taya
- Challenge Winners: Sweethearts
- MVP: Mindy
- Bottom 2: Brittanya, Jenny,
- Eliminated: Jenny
- Jenny: Jenny's father had died and Bret thought the road would be a negative environment for her.
Truck Stop Games
First aired March 1, 2009
The contestants divide into three teams for competitive truck stop games.
- Blue Team: Ashley, Beverly, Kami
- Green Team: Brittanya, Mindy, Jamie
- Yellow Team: Kelsey, Farrah, Taya
- Challenge Winners: Yellow Team
- Withdrew: Kami
- Eliminated: Kelsey
- Kami: Ashley had gone into Bret's room for what the viewers assume is sex. This upset Kami and made her realize that she wasn't ready for Bret's lifestyle.
- Kelsey: After Kelsey's meltdown, it convinced Bret that she was too young and couldn't handle the pressure of the show anymore.
Bikini Day Care
First aired March 8, 2009
The seven remaining competitors take care of children at a pool party in Panama City Beach, Florida.
- City: Panama City Beach, Florida
- Challenge: Kid's Kiddie Pool Party
- Challenge Winner: Ashley
- Bottom 2: Farrah, Taya
- Eliminated: Farrah
- Farrah: Bret realized that aside from her good looks, he and Farrah didn't have much of a connection.
Exes and Oh's
First aired March 15, 2009 (2.4M viewers)
Two women from Michaels' past, ex-girlfriend Ambre and runner-up Heather from the first Rock of Love, question the men of the competitors' past. Brittanya's Ex Royal T discloses that he and Brittanya had sex right before she left for the competition. Beverly freaked out her Ex-Husband did not show up and disclosed she was a teen mother at 17. Jaz, Taya's Ex ends up having an angry outburst. Mindy admits she cheated in her past relationship. It's revealed that Ashley still lives with her ex James, and he claims they still sleep together. 
- City: St. Augustine, Florida
- Guests: Ambre Lake and Heather Chadwell
- Challenge: Ex Interrogation
- Bottom 3: Ashley, Beverly, Brittanya
- Eliminated: Brittanya, Ashley[a]
- Brittanya: Brittanya tried to assault Heather. Bret let her go because he didn't like her disrespecting his friends.
- Ashley: Bret had Ashley's pass in his hand ready to give to her, but first asked her where she stood with her ex. After Ashley hesitated, Bret decided to end her tour.
Duet to Me One More Time
First aired March 22, 2009
The four remaining girls sing along with Michaels with lyrics they've written to one of his songs.
- City: Orlando, Florida
- Challenge: Singing Performing
- Challenge Winner: Beverly, Taya
- Bottom 2: Beverly, Mindy
- Eliminated: Beverly
- Beverly: She became too emotional and "was more in love with the idea of being in love with a rockstar".
First aired April 5, 2009
As the finale approaches, Michaels and the remaining three contestants try fantasy dates, but competition between the girls is escalating as the end draws near.
- City: Miami, Florida
- Bottom Two: Jamie, Taya
- Eliminated: Jamie
- Jamie: Bret misunderstood something she said as she didn't want to settle down in a relationship yet.
Bret's Rock of Love III
First aired April 12, 2009 (3.2M viewers)
The two remaining contestants, Taya and Mindy, join Michaels in the Dominican Republic for their final chance to win him.
- Destination: Dominican Republic
- Dates: Bret takes each girl on an individual date.
- Mindy's Date: Tango lessons, dinner, walk along the beach, and an overnight stay in Bret's room.
- Taya's Date: A zip-line excursion, dinner, and drinks in Bret's room.
- Bret's Rock of Love: Taya
- Eliminated: Mindy
First aired April 19, 2009
In the reunion show, the contestants look back, becoming emotional and even violent as they share memories of the experience.
After the show
- Ashley Klarich, Beverly Palmer, Brittaney Starr, Brittanya O'Campo, Farrah Sinclair, Gia Lynn, Marcia Alves, and Natasha McCollum all appeared on Charm School with Ricki Lake. Ashley and Marcia were first and second runners-up respectively.
- Marcia Alves was a contestant on the canceled third season of "I Love Money", where it is believed she was eliminated on the first episode. She also appeared on the show's fourth season, where she was eliminated on the fourth episode.
- Mindy Hall and Brittanya O'Campo appeared on the fourth season of I Love Money in which Mindy won and Brittanya came in sixth place.
- Romano, Allison (16 March 2009). "HD's Reality Check; Broadcast's scripted shows may look picture-perfect in HD, but most unscripted series remain stuck in standard". Broadcasting & Cable. 139 (11): 8. Retrieved 28 February 2010.
- Wieselman, Jarett (2008-07-16). "Bret's Back For More "Love"". New York Post. Archived from the original on 2008-09-06.
- "Rock of Love Bus: Meet The Girls". VH1. 2008-12-05.
- Kinon, Cristina (December 29, 2008). "Rock of Love Ends". Daily News. New York.
- Kohler, Jeremy (September 28, 2008). "Dozing truck driver blamed in crash that kills 2". St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Schmadeke, Steve (September 30, 2008). "West Side college student, 19, killed in Downstate crash". Chicago Tribune.
- "Fatal Accident Derails Rock of Love Bus". VH1. September 30, 2008.
- "Rock of Love Bus with Bret Michaels: Cast Bios". Retrieved March 29, 2009.
- Buck, Fielding (8 May 2009). "IN CONCERT // Bret Michaels' bus makes a stop at fair in Victorville". The Press-Enterprise. p. S03. Retrieved 9 Mar 2010.
- Schreffler, Laura; Evans, Sean; Sidman, Amanda (7 April 2009). "Conrad Happily over 'The Hills'". New York Daily News. p. 24. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- Leach, Robin (27 February 2009). "Strip Scribbles: Zac Efron is ShoWest's Breakthrough Performer of the Year". Las Vegas Weekly. Retrieved 11 October 2010.
- Lawrence, Christopher (11 January 2009). "Jack Bauer's back, but hardly the same, in '24'". The Las Vegas Review-Journal. p. 3J. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- Harris, Mike (3 February 2010). "Reality show contestant facing felony charges stemming from party fight". Ventura County Star. Retrieved 17 Apr 2010.
- Horiuchi, Vince (26 February 2009). "TV Preview: Salt Laker looks for 'Love'". The Salt Lake Tribune. Archived from the original on 13 October 2010. Retrieved 9 March 2010.
- "MySpace: Constandina Savvenas". Archived from the original on 2008-12-17. Retrieved 2008-12-12.
- "MySpace: Megan Tomczak". Archived from the original on 2008-12-08. Retrieved 2008-12-07.
- Levin, Gary (8 January 2009). "Kennedy rises, Clark rocks". USA Today. p. D.3. Retrieved 26 May 2010.
- "Rock of Love Bus with Bret Michaels: Episode Summaries, Highlights, and Recaps". VH1. Retrieved March 25, 2009.
- Locations near Champaign, IL, including David S. Palmer Arena in Danville, Illinois and Big Al's in Peoria, Illinois
- Locations in the Chicago area, including Hammond, Indiana.
- Locations in and around Birmingham, Alabama, including Elkton, Tennessee and Decatur, Alabama
- Starr, Michael (18 March 2009). "Starr Report". New York Post. p. 76. Retrieved 26 September 2010.
- Hibberd, James (15 April 2009). "Brighter Mon. at NBC". The Hollywood Reporter. 409: 10. Retrieved 26 May 2010.[dead link]