Rockaway Township Public Schools
|Rockaway Township Public Schools|
|Superintendent:||Dr. Deborah J. Grefe|
|Business Administrator:||Donnamarie Palmiere|
|Address:||16 School Road
Hibernia, NJ 07842
|Enrollment:||2,581 (as of 2010-11)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||218.7|
|District Factor Group:||I|
|Web site:||District website|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||2,266||87||1,539||47.2%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||62,312||55||60,112|
|Data from NJDoE 2013 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-8 districts with more than 750 students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=88
The Rockaway Township Public Schools is a comprehensive community public school district that serves students in kindergarten through eighth grade in Rockaway Township, in Morris County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "I", the second highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Public school students in grades 9 - 12 attend either Morris Hills High School (those living in the White Meadow Lake section and other southern portions of the township) or Morris Knolls High School (the remainder of the township). Morris Hills (located in Rockaway Borough, with 1,125 students as of 2010-11) also serves students from Wharton and some from Rockaway Borough (those mostly north of Route 46); Morris Knolls (located in Denville, with 1,744 students) serves all students from Denville and portions of Rockaway Borough (those mostly south of Route 46). The The Academy for Mathematics, Science, and Engineering, a magnet high school program that is part of the Morris County Vocational School District is jointly operated on the Morris Hills campus. The two high schools are part of the Morris Hills Regional High School District.
- Elementary schools (K-5)
- Birchwood - 327 students
- Sylvia Ziegler, Principal
- Catherine A. Dwyer - 254 students
- Michael McGovern, Principal
- Katherine D. Malone - 269 students
- Michael Pagano, Principal
- Dennis B. O'Brien - 254 students
- Craig Wilson, Principal
- Stony Brook - 405 students
- Dr. Margaret McCluskey, Principal
- Middle school (6-8)
- Copeland Middle School - 921 students
- F. Scott Allshouse, Principal
- Dr. Deborah J. Grefe, Superintendent
- Donnamarie Palmiere, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for the Rockaway Township School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed April 26, 2013.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 8, 2009.
- Program of Studies 2013-2014 - About Our School District, Morris Hills Regional District. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- School data for the Morris Hills Regional High School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed June 3, 2013.
- Home page, Morris Hils High School. Accessed June 3, 2013. "Morris Hills is home to the Academy of Mathematics, Science and Engineering, a partnership with Morris County School of Technology."
- Morris Hills Regional High School District 2011 School Report Card, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed June 3, 2013. "Our schools' success is directly attributed to the support we receive from the residents of Denville, Rockaway Borough, Rockaway Township and Wharton – people who care about their children and who value education."
- Data for the Rockaway Township Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed April 26, 2013.
- New Jersey School Directory for the Rockaway Township Public Schools, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 26, 2013.
- About Our Schools, Rockaway Township Schools. Accessed April 26, 2013.
- Administration, Rockaway Township Public Schools. Accessed April 26, 2013.
- New Jersey School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 26, 2013.
- Rockaway Township Public Schools
- Rockaway Township Public Schools's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Rockaway Township Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics