||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2010)|
|Headquarters||Great Falls, Virginia, United States|
|Charles Colby - President
Gina Woodall - Senior Vice President
|Services||Customer Satisfaction and Loyalty, New Product Development Research, Customer and Market Segmentation, Website Usability, Brand Equity, Event and Meeting Evaluations|
Rockbridge Associates, Inc. is a market research firm located in Great Falls, Virginia that specializes in issues for technology and services companies and associations. Rockbridge offers services addressing business issues such as product development, customer satisfaction, segmentation, branding and pricing. The firm provides the National Technology Readiness Survey, which has tracked consumer technology beliefs since 1999. Rockbridge is a member of the Council of American Survey Research Organizations (CASRO).
Rockbridge Associates, Inc. was founded in 1992. From its early years, the company was using the Internet as a research medium, and in the study of technology adoption. The company was founded by Charles Colby, who had previously worked for the Opinion Research Corporation and Westat, Inc. Charles co-authored the book Techno-ready Marketing with Dr. A. Parasuraman, has taught marketing management and market research at universities, and is a Senior Fellow in the University of Maryland, College Park's Center for Excellence in Service.
In 1996, Rockbridge became one of the first market research firms to launch a website. In this year, Rockbridge began working with Professor Parasuraman(co-developer of SERVQUAL) on a project to study technology beliefs.
In 1997, Rockbridge began conducting online surveys. It also launched an early web-based focus group platform, SurveyChat.
In the late 1990s, Rockbridge began conducting a series of pilot tests with corporate clients like American Online and Sallie Mae to perfect a Technology Readiness Index.
In 1999 Rockbridge Associates released the first annual National Technology Readiness Survey (NTRS), which was awarded top honors by the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing (CTAM).
In 2000, Professor Parasuraman published his landmark paper on the Technology Readiness Index (TRI) in the Journal of Services Research based on collaboration with Rockbridge. In the same year, Rockbridge began licensing the TRI for commercial use under the name TechqualTM, while granting free licenses to scholars around the world. Rockbridge also became a partner in the Center for Excellence in Service at the University of Maryland, College Park’s Robert H. Smith School of Business.
In 2001, Parasuraman and Colby published their book on consumer technology behavior, Techno-Ready Marketing: How and Why your Customers Adopt Technology.
In 2004, Rockbridge partnered with Dr. Tom Reynolds to implement a means-end methodology based on laddering interviews on the Internet.
By 2006, Rockbridge Associates was named as the official market research partner of the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA). Rockbridge operated CEA's eBrain Market Research division until 2008.
Due to expertise in technology and communications industries, financial services, entertainment and travel, and association sectors, Rockbridge has been invited to speak at a variety of meetings and conferences. In 2008, Rockbridge shared its insights into the technology industry, speaking at the American Marketing Association's Frontiers in Services Conference and the Marketing Research Association's Annual Conference.
In 2008, Rockbridge introduced its Green Technology Index which measures receptiveness to innovative green behaviors and products.
That same year, Rockbridge unveiled SafeSampleTM, a methodology created to ensure online survey data quality. In addition, it completed development on a research alternative to online communities called Opinion-Pond.
In 2012, Gina Woodall became the President of Rockbridge. The Founder, Charles Colby, assumed the role of Chief Methodologist.
1999 Research Case Study Award Grand Winner by CTAM, the Cable & Telecommunications Association for Marketing. The award was presented for the development of the National Technology Readiness Survey (NTRS), which focuses on how and why consumers adopt various technologies.
The National Technology Readiness Survey (NTRS) is an annual study produced by Rockbridge Associates Inc. and the Center for Excellence in Service at the University of Maryland, College Park’s Robert H. Smith School of Business senior fellows Charles Colby and A. Parasuraman, tracks beliefs about technology and key behaviors related to e-service.
- (2006-05-26). Rockbridge Associates Selected as Market Research Partner for Consumer Electronics Association, Retrieved on 2009-07-20.
- About Charles Colby, Retrieved on 2009-07-20.
- Advisory Board and Senior Fellows, Retrieved on 2009-07-20.
- Research on Technology Readiness, Retrieved on 2009-07-27.
- (1999-07-30). National Technology Survey Awarded Top Honors By Cable and Telecommunications Industry, Retrieved on 2009-07-20.
- Technology Readiness Index (Tri), Retrieved on 2009-07-27.
- Customer Segmentation, Retrieved on 2009-07-27.
- Techno-Ready Marketing: How and Why your Customers Adopt Technology, Retrieved on 2009-07-27.
- Understanding the Hearts and Minds of Buyers: An Interview with Dr. Thomas J. Reynolds, Retrieved on 2009-07-27.
- Services Offered, Retrieved on 2009-07-22.
- It’s not Easy Being Green: Or is it?, Retrieved on 2009-07-22.
- Technology and Research - Will the “Old” Analog TV Spectrum Change the Way Future Research is Conducted, Retrieved on 2009-07-27.
- 50+ Consumers Are Buying Into Green Technology, Retrieved on 2009-07-27.
- “New Index Reveals America’s Small Businesses are Optimistic About Their Future, Retrieved on 2009-07-22.
- 2009-01-04.Small businesses are optimistic, regardless of the current gloomy economic situation : Roy Dunbar CEO on Fox News, Retrieved on 2009-07-22.
- “Ensuring Quality Data from Online Panels: SafeSample, Retrieved on 2009-07-22.
- A Practical Alternative to Online Communities: Opinion-Pond, Retrieved on 2009-07-22.
- (2008-03-12)About the 2007 National Technology Readiness Survey, Retrieved on 2009-07-22.