Rockbridge Township, Greene County, Illinois
Location in Greene County
Greene County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 4, 1884|
|• Total||47.77 sq mi (123.7 km2)|
|• Land||47.66 sq mi (123.4 km2)|
|• Water||0.12 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.25%|
|Elevation||515 ft (157 m)|
|• Density||34.3/sq mi (13.2/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||62016, 62044, 62081, 62630|
|GNIS feature ID||0429653|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 47.77 square miles (123.7 km2), of which 47.66 square miles (123.4 km2) (or 99.77%) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.31 km2) (or 0.25%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
- Fayette at
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these ten cemeteries: Cannedy, Freer, Hudson, Mitchell, Rives, Taylor Creek, Weisner, Whitlock, Witt and Witt Number 1.
Airports and landing strips
- Sunset Landing Strip
- Greenfield Community Unit School District 10
- Illinois' 19th congressional district
- State House District 97
- State Senate District 49
- "Rockbridge Township, Greene County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Rubicon Township||Barr Township, Macoupin County|
|Linder Township||Western Mound Township, Macoupin County|
|Jersey Township, Jersey County
|Ruyle Township, Jersey County||Chesterfield Township, Macoupin County|